Colorful Hellos with Different Materials

Have ya ever used a product for the very first time and had your jaw drop? You know, when you use something and say out loud "Where have you been all my life?" There have been a few of those in my few paper crafting years but the latest one is all because of WOW Embossing Powders!!! I know I know, you are asking what makes them so different right? Well I'm here today to try and show ya.

Hey there everyone, Erika Taylor here today with my first blog post as a Wow Embossing Powders Design Team member (say that 5 times fast). I will have plenty of tutorials for you during my term. but today I wanted to Keep It Simple. It is all about the things you can emboss so here we go...

I had this beautiful Susie Bee Studios paper staring at me and thought hmmmm, this will be perfect for what I want to share with you. First off Wow Embossing Powders are amazing on the tried and true paper. As you can see in the photo below, I've used 2 different embossing powders. First, I've used Whirly Pop to accent the paper designs and then I used *swoon* the Neutral Ultra Shimmer Regular to accent the edges of the paper itself. You would do this the same way you'd distress ink your edges, but substitute Versamark ink instead so you can emboss it with powder.


Next I used Whirly Pop and Bodacious Blue embossing powders sprinkled together on a metal butterfly. I LOVE how this turned out. If you want to mix powders, just sprinkle on one at a time using a small embossing powder spoon. Perfect right?


So we've covered paper and metal. How about hard plastic? Will Wow Embossing powders work on plastic? ABSOLUTELY!!! I again, used Neutral Ultra Shimmer Regular on this button and transformed it for blah to WOWZERS. Let us not forget about hard acrylic though. That purdy little Basically Bare flower is embossed using Whirly Pop Embossing Powder. Ain't it cute


Last but not least I tried it on Chipboard. I used the glitter embossing powder called Bodacious Blue for the letters. For the H I regularly embossed using Versamark and for the i, I embossing over a little bit of Gesso, just to see what the difference would be. Love how the Gesso letter looks a little distressed.


So there ya have it!!! A few great reasons to love Wow Embossing powders. I haven't found a material yet that they don't work with. (including felt, fabric, ribbon, and wood)

Should I show ya the finished card? Did ya say WOW Please? I thought so hahaha.
Here it is, my finished card showcasing some of the wonderful things you can do with WOW Embossing powders.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and letting us know what ya think. If there is something you would like me to create to showcase Wow Embossing Powders, please let me know. Until next time

Toodles
Erika Taylor

Comments

  1. Really cute! I love the mix of colours :) //Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that glittering powder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, the embossing powders look amazing. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Awesome! love it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Erika! LOVING the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!I love how you showed the versatility of the product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like something I need to get.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment