Candy Counter Collection makes me SMILE!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend awaiting the fabulous CHA releases! I know I am on the edge of my seat here in Sunny Australia waiting and wishing I was there in person to see all the yummy goodies.

Today I wanted to share with you all a quick and easy quilting technique I have used on a layout using WOW Stamps and WOW Emboss Powders.


This was really was quite easy to create and with a square punch would be even easier (I realised I should have used my square punch AFTER cutting all the squares out LOL). Firstly you will need to grab some spare white cardstock and pick the colours you would like to use for your bakground. I have used colours from the Suzy West Candy Counter Collection including Cotton Candy, Gummi Bear Green & Bubblegum. Next up you need to grab your background stamp (I have used WOW Brocade Background stamp) and stamp your versamark or embossing adhesive onto your white cardstock doing one at a time. Sprinkle your powder generously over the surface then tap the excess off. I always have a spare piece of computer paper underneath the cardstock I am working on so I can easily funnel the powder back into the right jar. Then of course you simply heat away and watch the magic begin, then of course repeating the process with each colour you want to use.


After I had heat melted all my coloured background, I got my paper trimmer and cut 1 inch squares out from each colour and then placed them on my layout without adhering so I could play around with positioning etc and glue down when I was ready. Because I have then sewn the edges, there was no need to use a lot of adhesive so I simply have a tiny glue dot behind each square. 
As you can see I am not the best at sewing straight lines on my sewing machine but you could definately use hand sewing for this to make it look neater or use a permanent marker and doodle your stitching.


After my Brocade Stamped Background was complete, I used the same Suzy West Candy Counter Collection Colours to create some Butterflies using the fabulous Build a Butterfly Stamp Set from WOW! I have carefully cut these gorgeous butterflies out with my craft knife then have bent their wings up to make them look like they are taking flight and have adhered their bodies only to my layout using foam tape strips.
As you can see a touch of doodling for the butterflies fligth path and the background was complete. The vibrant colour on this layout means that this very minimalist layout has just enough WOW factor to keep you looking for more fabulous details!

Don't forget to keep an eye on the WOW Facebook page for upcoming promotions and new releases! 

Until next time....
...happy scrapping!

Amy Prior xx

Comments

Post a Comment