Designer Spotlight ... Jenny


What is your favourite thing about crafting?

I get into a zone where all my daily stresses melt away without me realising it. It's a great relaxer.


If you could chose to do anything to do for the day, what would it be?
I would love to go to a music festival in England again with nice sunny warm weather, pint in hand and watch my favorite bands with my husband who is from the US and never got to go to them. Back when I lived England I was a regular at the Leeds Festival and Download.


Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? 

BUTTONS ON CARDS. I have soooo many buttons. Bring back the buttons!!



What song would you say best sums you up?

I Am The Fire by Halestorm - that song gives me chills - super inspirational and definitely one to kick my bum when I'm being self critical or feeling sorry for myself!



What is your favourite book to read? 

So I typically don't read a book more than once as we have finite time in our lives and almost infinite books! However, I adore To Kill a Mockingbird, His Dark Materials and the The Mortal Instruments series. I'm a big YA fan. 



Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

The internet. Sadly. I might have done it once in recent memory.

Today Jenny has some fun projects for us featuring multi-colored glitter backgrounds featuring our WOW! embossing glitter and WOW! Sparkles - over to Jenny!


__________________________________________ 



Hi guys! Jenny here, thanks for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed a little insight into what makes me tick.  Today I'm featuring a technique I've seen Marion do a few times, with my own little twist!  There's a video too!



I created two cards today, the first features WOW! Sparkles.  This is WOW!'s line of glitter and is simply stunning.  I love to mix it with translucent embossing paste to create a glittery embossing paste. 



I first taped a stencil (I'm using the Altenew Elegant Swirls stencil) to a 4.25" x 5.5" panel of thick white cardstock.  I then  made three separate piles of translucent paste on a craft mat, and mixed in three different colors of WOW! Sparkles, one into each, using a palette knife.   I used Peachy Keen, Frisky (from the Catherine Pooler trio) and Girl's Best Friend.



I then applied the Sparkles paste at random on the stencil.  I applied the darker colors first, then used the lighter color to fill in the gaps, and smooth over the stencil.  Be careful in the order you do this as the darker colors will cover over the lighter colors.  I then set it aside to dry.



When it was dry, I stamped a sentiment from Power Poppy's M-Powering Words in WOW! embossing ink on light grey cardstock and heat embossed in WOW! Metallic Silver, trimmed it out and popped it up on foam tape.



For my second card, I used embossing glitter instead of Sparkles.  I first stamped Power Poppy's Big Sexy Leaves in WOW! embossing ink onto a panel of 6 x 6 white cardstock.   I  then sprinkled three different colors of embossing glitter onto the stamped image.  I sprinkled each color individually and then flipped the cardstock onto some copy paper in between, popping the powder back in the pot, to avoid mixing the colors (and wasting embossing glitter) and the flip prevents the entire image being covered by one color. 



The colors I used were Zeus, Lime Rickey and Amber Rose.  Just use your fingers to sprinkle each color in places, and with the final color, add it over the entire piece - it will only stick where there isn't any EP already there.   One tip you can then re-stamp over your image (I used a MISTI to make this simpler) and emboss a couple of times with Clear embossing powder to ensure the embossing glitter is fully sealed in!   

My sentiment is from the same Power Poppy set which I heat embossed with WOW! Opaque Seafoam (which embosses with a wonderful bubbley textured look!)  As a finishing touch, I added some Catherine Pooler sequins in Springfield which quite by accident, co-ordinate perfectly!

All of the WOW! supplies I used are listed below - I hope this inspires you, and thanks for stopping by!

Jenny x


Supplies



Comments