Summer nautical shaker card

Ahoy, friends!
It is Victoria on the blog today, and first of all I would like to wish you warm and sunny summer days! This month our theme for the challenge is Summer  and here is my card to give you some inspiration :)
To tell the truth, I am not fond of summer - it is hard to bear the heat, though I like summer vacation on the seaside, and I love to make nautical projects. You can read the description of how-to-make this card just below.
I started to make the background, working wet-on-wet with sprays on watercolor paper. First I sprayed the water and then started to add color spray with a brush, drying the splashes with WOW! Heat Tool - Euro . Then I applied white gloss gel through the stencil to create the birds. Also I stamped few triangles with Sparkle & Shine (by Maya Isaksson) - Clear Stamp Set and Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad , sprinkled over WS125 Under the Sea powder and heat set it.
When the background was ready, I started to create layers and embellish.
I used a piece of lace fabric and tulle, some raffia and sisal, artificial brunch, die-cut "bubbles" and glued them to the background.
After that I applied embossing ink on chipboard flourishes and used WS116 Mermaid Tails and WS125 Under the Sea powders to make them shine and added to the composition.

The focal point of my project is the shaker. To make it I die-cut a circle ring and painted it with watercolor like lifebuoy. Also I die-cut two circles of the same size from paper and clear acetate. I adhered the acetate to the back of "lifebuoy" and added foam adhesive to the perimeter of the circle. I filled the shaker with chipboard pieces, decorative sand and WS116 Mermaid Tails embossing powder and sealed the shaker with a paper circle. Then I used foam adhesive to add the shaker to the background.
Next step was to add more embellishments. I arranged flowers and leaves into composition, added the chipboard sentiment, metal fish, chipboard star.
I love to add accents, so I mixed decorative sand, blue quartz topping, crystal microbeads, mini shells with clear medium and added them here and there. Also I added enamel dots and some splatters of white acrylic paint.

Comments

  1. This is very pretty Victoria and love the life buoy shaker and the beautiful flowers. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment