Susanne writing today and I like to share this mixed media Artist Trading Card (ATC). I used the lovely "Mariposa" stamp set together with the "Funky Border Strips". I have a step by step tutorial for you:
1. Take a piece of card board and remove some of the front surface. That works easy when you wet it at first. Prime it with gesso and emboss the group of butterflies with Opaque Bright White powder.
2. Use Twinkling H2Os or other shimmering watercolors to color the background. The embossing resists the watercolor and the butterflies pop.
3. While your card dries you'll have time to create the embellishments. I picked two of the middle sized butterflies and embossed them with Metallic Gold Rich Powder. After that I colored each butterfly with Distress Inks.
4. Add more interest to the background with the script stamp using a permanent black ink.
5. Use the WOW! Embossing Pen to add Iced Silver Powder into some of the creases. The dots on the sides of the card are embossed with Metallic Gold Rich. Finally paint the edges with the Gelato Pen Black Licorice and smooth the color with your fingers.
6. Use some black ink to add color splatters, decorate the card with the two butterflies and some black thread. I used my Dymo tool to write "FLY".
Here are some close-ups:
Thanks for stopping by today!
Products from WOW! Embossing Powder:
Metallic Gold Rich
Iced Silver Glitter
Opaque Bright White
WOW! Clear Embossing Pad
WOW! Clear Embossing Pen
WOW! Funky Border Strips Stamps
WOW! Mariposa Stamps
Where to Buy: