Skip to main content

Powder Puff girls team blog post

Hi WOW fans, DT lead Gina Lideros here with you today to share some sweet projects that the Powder Puff girls have put together this month.

Sweet Heart card by Patti Hamil
supplies:
WOW Bubble Gum, Berrylicious and Gummy Bear Green
WorldWin ColorMates cardstock and vellum
Zig markers

Rodhamn layout by Katarina Damm-Blomberg
supplies used:
WOW embossing powder Skyline grey puff.

Congratulations card by Jennifer Roach

close up:

Technique: Jen covered the cameo chipboard with WOW embossing powders (three to four
coats) and the background script stamp was also embossed. She also
stamped the script stamp with Staz On ink to the pink part of the
cameo to make it look more vintage.

Supplies:
Stamps: Call me set from WOW Embossing (postage edge script)
Ink: Versamark (for embossing), Ranger Vintage Photo, Staz On Timber Brown
WOW! Embossing colors: Candy Counter Collection - Bubblegum (pink),
The Pantry Collection – Pepper (brown)
Papers: Making Memories, Basic Grey
Accessories: Maya Road chipboard cameo, Maya Road flower trim, brown
twill trim, Maya Road pearl pins, Prima pearls, Copic markers (tinting
pearls), Prima flowers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Fiskars scalloped
edge punch, Wilton lace doily, SRM sentiment sticker

Birdcage by Jan Hennings
Technique: Jan painted the birdcage with Gesso Grounds and once it was dry, she applied Rich Gold Pale Embossing Powder to random areas. She added some sweet birds, a nest and moss to the inside of the cage.
Supplies:
Birdcage, Gesso, Moss, Nest, Rich Gold Pale Embossing Powder, birds


Have Fun card by Gini Williams Cagle


Technique: The chipboard letters for this were embossed gold foil, and Gini covered them with Bay Area Blue - and it was like magic when she embossed them. Love how that transparent powder looks over the gold foil. She also stamped over patterned paper with the Brocade Stamp set and the Bay Area Blue.


Supplies: Wow Embossing Powder - Suzy West Collection - Bay Area Blue
Wow Brocade Stamp
GCD Patterned Papers, Chipboard and ribbon embellishment
Bazzill Cardstock

Live Laugh Love Canvas by Birgit Koopsen Bernstein

Technique: Birgit stamped on the background with the WOW! Floral background stamp
and embossed it with WOW! opaque bright white regular. Then she sprayed the
canvas with Tattered Angels glimmer mist. The embossed parts work as a
resist and the paint does not stick on it. Simply whip off the excess of
spray paint with a paper towel and the embossed parts show up!
On the burlap flowers Birgit used some WOW! clear gloss regular before spraying
them which makes the original canvas color shine through.

Supplies:
WOW! Floral background stamp
WOW! opaque bright white regular
WOW! clear gloss

altered pie tin by DT lead Gina Lideros


Technique: I used the mini brocade background stamp with WOW blueberry powder (from the pantry collection) to stamp the background. I embossed the doily, flowers, ribbon and edges of the pie tin using Sierra Sunrise. The Silhouettes were embossed using black glint, and the small silver tin is embossed using Angel wings.

Supplies: WOW simply amazing silhouette stamp set, music note background stamp, mini brocade background stamp and WOW powders: blueberry (from the pantry collection), Angel wings, sierra sunrise, black glint (from the glitter collection)

I hope that you have enjoyed the sweet projects that the Powder puff girls team has created this month. Stop by the WOW blog again tomorrow to see what DT member Diana McGraw has in store for you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…