VIDEO: Heat Embossing Over Ink Blended Backgrounds with Laura

***MARCH GUEST DESIGNER***
Please welcome the very talented Laura Volpes. Laura is going to bring you an array of youtube videos and blog posts for us. Prepared to be awed by her cute critters, gorgeous colouring and of course her heat embossing techniques. 
******
Hey there! My name is Laura, I come from Italy and am a very passionate card maker! I currently live in England with my husband, who always supports and encourages me, and is the reason I started exploring my crafty side in the first place. I love crafts in general, but paper crafts really stole my heart! I like bright and cheerful cards, and I am always trying to experiment with new media and techniques. I am really excited to be a guest for Wow! this month, and I hope you'll enjoy my inspiration!
******
Hi everyone! It's Laura Volpes here, with my first post as a guest designer for Wow! this month! Yay!
I am really excited to be on the Wow! blog and YouTube channel today, and I will be sharing how to create a glitter background with ink blending and heat embossing!
The image I used today are part of the My Favorite Things Sweet Shop stamp set. It is a such a sweet illustration and I wanted to create a textured, glittery brick wall background for this little mouse.

To do that, I took some watercolor cardstock and die cut it with the Mama Elephant Cloud 9 dies. I then did some ink blending  with my Distress Oxide inks over the My Favorite Things Small Brick Wall stencil.
I used Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick, and went for a soft look.
Because Distress Oxides stay wet for a while, I could coat the ink blended areas with my Wow! Clear Sparkle embossing powder and I heat set it with my heat gun. This created a textured, glitter brick wall that I am absolutely in love with! 
I colored the image with my Illustrator markers and raised it over the background with foam tape.
Here is the list of markers I used:

Mouse: BG5, BG2, FS5, FS8, FS9
Pink: MG4, MG1, PP1
Teal: BT9, BT7, BT5, BT3
Mint: BT3, BT1, JG3, JG1
Cupcake: RB4, RB1
Stool: EB4, RB4, RB1
I stamped the sentiment with Wow! Embossing Ink over some black cardstock and heat embossed it with Opaque Bright White powder by Wow. I created a banner with the Mama Elephant Cloud 9 dies and the Heffy Doodle More Strips of Ease dies, and I glued it to my card.

And that's it for today! A really simple card, with the extra texture and sparkle added by the Clear Sparkle embossing powder! So easy yet so fabulous!

If you are interested in the step by step tutorial, make sure to watch the video below and don't forget to let me know what you think about it!
Thank you all for stopping by and have a great day!


Comments

  1. What a sweet and beautifully coloured image Laura and I love the pink glittery brick wall in the background...just adorable. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment