VIDEO: Hello, care for a cuppa? - cards by Riikka


Hello, it's Riikka Kovasin here again! This time I made two cards - one in white and other in black background to illustrate how opaque and translucent embossing glitters work on top of them and also how the background color effects the whole mood of the card.

I love working with dark colors and I'm especially fond of black gesso. Somehow that dark background makes the colors, especially metallics and glitters, to pop even more, makes them truly sing. But then again, white background is always lovely - so airy, so fresh! Which one you prefer?


Like I wrote earlier, my goal was to show the same powders on top of two backgrounds. So both of the cards are done using same elements and colors, even the composition in the two is almost exactly the same (only the last touches with star anis shapes and the pearls differ). I deliberately chose a translucent embossing glitter and an opaque one so there's some difference to be seen how they work. Naturally the glitters are opaque, so there's something visible even on top the black surface with the translucent one! 

If you want to see how I made the cards, please see the video below! 


Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you'll have a wonderful day! Underneath is a bunch of details shots from both cards if you want to study something further. 

Xoxo Riikka















Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB




Comments

  1. Two great cards Riika, very pretty designs and love the look of the glittery EP's. I love them both, but the second with the black card is my favourite I think, definitely a stronger look. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment