Creativity requires courage - a journal page by Riikka Kovasin


Hi there! It's Riikka here again, back with a guest project or two! First up is a journal page and then later in the month I'm sharing something completely different. But both of the projects were inspired by this month's theme - embossing glitters. 

The embossing glitters look fantastic on every surface, but have you tried them on top of black? To me that's the most exciting way to use them! Paint a few strokes of black gesso to a surface, pop the glitters on and let them do the magic! The contrast between the glimmering embossing glitters and dark background really makes them pop and shine. I left some of the background white sort of to show how different the embossing glitter looks on dark and light background.


To give the page a space or galaxy kind of look, I used some Oxide inks on top of the gessoed surface. After adding the embossing glitters, I then made a composition to back the sticker that's my focal point. I thought the saying in the sticker fitted the page perfectly - "Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." I aim to the unexpected effect of the inks with that. As they are added with an acrylic block, they can go anywhere. But that's the beauty of it! 

I also used the saying as my inspiration when adding the couple last details to the page - the glitter touches to the roses and butterfly wings and the golden dots. I used the new refiller tool to randomly apply embossing ink to the cut paper elements and then added the glitter on top. The dots I did using Melt-It powder and tins. But if you want to know how the page came into being, please see the video underneath!


Thank you for stopping by today! I'll be seeing you later in the month with another project using some of the same supplies, but some very different! Ta ta for now! 


Materials used in the journal page: 






Comments

  1. A very interesting look using black with the added embossing glitters which really pop over the top. A fantastic journal page Riikka. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment