Light - a layout by Riikka


Hi there and happy December! It's the middle of the winter and I'm sharing a layout with flowers with you... maybe a bit off the season, but the inspiration for the blooms came from the cute bear stamp by Pink and Main which I used as an embellishment in my page. And maybe it's good to think about the summer, blooms and warm weather when it's dark and gloomy outside! 


The page is about light, more specifically light at the end of the tunnel. It's quite the same with winter, in a way. Through the rough patch and into the light! And as it's almost Holiday season, I didn't want to do and show anything too heavy or hard, just something light and nice to do between chores of getting ready for Christmas!

As always, I took step by step photos along the way when working with the layout. Underneath you can see how the page came together! 


Step 1. Start by making a resist to the background. I stamped some text in there using two stamp sets, "Big Words" and "Wild About You". Then I embossed the words using white embossing powder.


Step 2. Add color on top to reveal the resist. I used different shades of purple watercolor as my color choice and added some splashes, too. 


Step 3. While the watercolor was drying I made some purple buttons using a silicone mold and "Parma Violet" powder. After the watercolor was dry, I added some white gesso to the page. I made some splashes with it and also made a ray pattern under the place where my photo is going to be.


Step 4. Layer some papers behind the photo and then add the cluster to the page. Stamp the bear to a piece of paper, color with watercolor pencils. Start to embellish the page using the bear and the buttons you've made. 


Step 5. Continue embellishing the page and make it fuller. Adhere blooms here and there and make also another set of buttons using the vanilla and "Sweet Cheeks" powders. Adhere the new buttons to the page as well.


Step 6. Finish the page with a title made with alphabet stickers and hand-written journaling. Add also a couple of hand drawn details here and there to really make the page yours.


With this page I want to wish you all a lovely Holiday time - peaceful Christmas and great start to the new year! May it be even lighter than this year! 

All the best,

Riikka

Here's what Riikka used on this fab layout


Comments

  1. Wow, love the resist text you used in the background. A very striking layout. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page Riikka and love the resist embossing with that pink and purple and the cute bear tucked in amongst the pretty papers and flowers. Have a lovely Christmas holiday and all good wishes for the New Year. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment