Flocks and Foil

Hi Everyone

Sue here,
 
page 1
 
This month over at WOW HQ is 'Memories'  I haven't used a photograph this time, but some of the fab WOW stamps and a new template I purchased. from Paperbabe Stamps.  This is a template from which you can make a face and different hair styles  and stamps for the lips, eyes and facial expressions.  My inspiration was thinking of my daughter.  (soppy aren't I!). 
 
page4
 
I firstly sprayed a background with Dylusion spray inks and once dry took some plastic stencils (Tim Holtz) and sponged Versamark  through these.  I then sprinkled Bright White Embossing Power over the Versamark  and heat set. 
 
I have used two of my favorite WOW products flock and foils.  These products are less well known than the powders but equally fun to experiment with.  One of the techniques is to use self adhesive covering (one sided sticky back plastic - clear), and a metal stencil.  I have tried using double sided sheets but they are too sticky for the flock and foil and are a mess trying to get the metal stencils off (trust me I'm speaking from experience). You can pick up the  self adhesive covering from good craft shops and larger stores like the Range. 
 
page3
 
I started with the covering and a stencil. (Stencil was Dreamweaver - Leaves) I placed the stencil on the sticky side of the covering.  I then got the foil and rubbed this (colour side up) onto the stencil in different places and lifted it off.  The foil sticks to the covering.  I used different colours over the covering. (Turquoise, Dark Blue, Gold and  Copper).  I then got the flock(brown) and did the same technique sprinkling over the covering  in the places that had not got any foil on it, still keeping the stencil in place. I rubbed the flock into the stencil.   The flock sticks to the covering.  Brush the excess off and pour back into the tub to re use.
 
page2
 
I then lifted the stencil off and sprinkled ebony embossing powder over the sticky tape.  I then rubbed it in and brushed it off.  The embossing powder will stick to the covering where the stencil has been.  Take a heat gun and GENTLY heat the embossing powder making sure you move the gun as soon as the powder melts.  You will then have a beautiful patterned piece to cut up as you wish or use it as background.  
 
page5
 
I then used my Paperbabe template, drew around the templates and cut out the different shapes for her hair with the finished pieces of the foil and flock.  I then put the pieces together to form the tresses in the different colours.  I used different backing papers and stamped over the top the following stamps POP, SEXI-HEXI. with Memento ink and heat set with clear embossing powder.   I coloured her face and neck in with water colour pencils.  I then added words from the stamp sets Its all Relative and Big Words by stamping out in Archival black ink and covering with clear embossing powder and heat set.
 
page6
 
 
Hope I have inspired you to try foils and flock........
 
 
Take care  
my signature.2

Comments

  1. WOW - what an EXCITING technique - THANK YOU for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment