Flower Power canvas!

Hello!
Trish here with my project for the fabulous Monochrome theme!
I decided to create using the classic monochrome black and white colour scheme, and made a canvas..
I love working on box canvases, as there is so much depth to decorate as well as the front! I made sure there was lots of texture on my edges...
I added interest to the front by stamping onto tissue paper, then gluing the tissue down. Once the glue dries, it becomes transparent and the design looks like it was stamped directly onto the surface...
I used the gorgeous Vintage Wallpaper stamp.
The flower was created using the triple embossing technique. I sketched out the flower shape onto chipboard, then cut it out. A thick base such as chipboard is essential when triple embossing, the weight and quantity of embossing powder you are putting on will simply warp and curl thinner cardstock!
I embossed three times using Black ultra powder, to give the depth and sheen...
To get the dotted effect, quickly sprinkle on a tiny (really tiny!) amount of  white ultra powder on top of the already hot black. Do not heat again, or the white dots will simply melt into the black and disappear! The heat from the melted powder underneath is just enough to melt the white, whilst still keeping the separate dot shape!

I hope you like my happy flower canvas, see you next month!
Trish xxx



Comments

  1. Trish this looks wonderful that flower is so striking with all that black
    thanks for sharing this :) hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking, would look good on my wall :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment