Make a Wish... Stamp Set

It feels like spring already arrived in Northern California. The weather has been warm and sunny all week. I know next week will bring fog and rain, so I took advantage of the weather while I could.

I've been wearing lighter, brighter colors and my mood lightened with it. As I was thinking of my project for today, I channeled my mood and colors into a card.

I could not quite decide between a gift card holder and a birthday card, so I did both.

The stamps are all from WOW!'s new release "Make a Wish" stamp set (STAMPSET16).



The technique is layering a few mats and stamped sheets to create a split, dimension effect. I used measurements shared by Dawn Olchefske, a stamping demonstrator and avid crafter on her YouTube video from last summer. I tried to do my own measurements, but was failing miserably. So, I started with hers and adjusted them a bit to include the gift card holder (see these notes at the end). 

 
Dawn's Measurements:
Largest Section: Base - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", Mat 4" x 5 1/4"
Middle: Mat 3 1/4" x 4 1/2"  *Gift Card Holder is used for middle stamped piece
Small/Top: 2" x 3 1/4", Mat 2 1/4" x 3 1/2"
 
Gift Card Holder
White Cardstock: 4" x 5 1/2"
Score at 3" & 5"
 
Stamping and Folding:
For gift card pocket, you'll fold in at 3" and down at 5" score lines. You will not fold over the 5" score line until AFTER you stamp the designs. The strip this makes when folded over is where sentiment is stamped.
 
To put this all together, you will layer the white cardstock pieces on top of each other including the folded gift card pocket. (Already folded when stamped excluding the part of sentiment)
 
Stamp and heat emboss the images. Then mat each separately and adhere card together.
 
Here's a little tip. The sentiment comes stacked in the package, but I cut through the middle and mounted it in one line on my acrylic block.

I used Cotton Candy and Whirly Pop from the "Candy Counter" collection of WOW!'s embossing powders on the images. I used Vodka Sparkle on the edge of the base cardstock. This is from the limited edition "Girl's Night Out" collection. The sentiment is in Ebony.

Enjoy your weekend!
 

Comments