You’re Amazing with Erica

Hi everyone! 
It’s Erica on the WOW! Embossing Blog for my second appearance as a DT member and I’m very excited! Just as excited as the first time. You might be hearing that a lot this year. 



I have made just one card for this post, and you can find the video over on the WOW! YouTube channel as well. 

I have used one of my another background stamp for this card. I do love a good background stamp that looks fab heat embossed. This one is from The Stamp Market and is called Diamond Design Background. It is done with my fave white embossing powder: Opaque Bright White. On water colour card stock from Canson. 



To add some colour to the backgrounds, I did some very loose water colouring with Daniel Smith water colours in a pink/fuchsia look. Once it was dry, I used my heat tool to speed up the drying part, I splattered it with more pink and also some gold for a light shimmery look. Splatters add interest and texture without changing the overall look too much. I’m a huge splatter fan! 

Sentiment wise I have used another The Stamp Market stamp, this is the You’re Wonderful stamp and diecut combo. On fuchsia coloured card stock I heat embossed the You’re Wonderful in Rich Gold embossing powder, twice, for a puffy and shiny look. I love this technique to take my heat embossing to the next level. It’s also really easy to do with the help of a stamping tool, like the MISTI. 



I used the ‘shadow’ part of the diecut to cut out the sentiment and set that aside while I worked on the rest of the card. I did mess up when I was trimming the panel down and took off too much on one side, instead of trimming it evenly on all sides. In order to not draw attention to it, I ended up moving the sentiment from the middle, where I had planned on putting it, to the lower left corner. I also wrapped some gold string around the part where the sentiment was going to go to bring the eye down that way. 



Loads of foam tape helped adding dimension to the card once it was added to a card base, and it also helps the panel to lay flat with all that string around it. To make sure the sentiment dried staring and flat, I put the whole thing under my MISTI for a little while. 

With that, I’m all done for today. Thank you so much for stopping by today and watching this video. Don’t forget to subscribe to the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel for more fun tutorials, loads of inspiration and great ideas to try. 




Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 

PS even though I have not used the WOW! Heat Tool, I have added it to the LinkDeli links below. I am getting my own next week so I will be using that from then on. 





Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB



Comments

  1. I love the diamond background Erica and the large prettily shaped sentiment looks great over the top. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment