Fireworks Celebration with Gemma

Fireworks always look beautiful as embossed images on a dark background and they are perfect for celebration cards. For my card today, I used the theme of gold and silver to create an embossed stencil background.


I began with a piece of light purple cardstock, then blended on distress oxide ink in Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire. I used my heat tool to dry the ink on the panel so it was ready for embossing.


Next, I inked over the panel with clear embossing ink and the Pretty Pink Posh Fireworks stencil. I first sprinkled some of the Metallic Silver embossing powder in areas of the embossing ink. I removed the excess, then covered the rest of the embossing ink with Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder before heat setting. This gives a nice mix of gold and silver fireworks, although I'd probably add a little more silver next time so it was more of a contrast.


I adhered the panel to my card base, then added the Pretty Pink Posh Celebrate Shaker die cut on top. I layered three of the die cuts together to get a stacked sentiment. 

To finish, I added the wine glasses image from the Pretty Pink Posh Happy New Year stamp set. 


Have a lovely day,

Gemma


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love the embossed firework design on that pretty blue background Gemma and love the way you have framed the sentiment and add the celebratory glasses. A brilliant card. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment