VIDEO: Ink Blended Emboss Resist 3 Ways with Jenny


Hi Everyone, it's Jenny here, and today I'm back with three more cards showcasing the emboss resist technique (which is our November challenge theme!) In my last post, I gave you four ways to use watercolor as the emboss resist medium.  This week I'm using ink blending, and all of the inks I use today are either Distress Inks or Distress Oxide inks, including my most favorite emboss resist technique of all!

There's also a video showing you the full end to end process, which you can check out here, or over on the WOW! Embossing YouTube channel.


My first card features my favorite technique - using Distress Oxide ink blending over dark cardstock.  You can also do this with patterned paper.


 I used WOW! ink and Clear Gloss embossing powder to stamp The Gray Muse Happiness Blooms stamp across the bottom of a teal panel of cardstock.  I then used Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry (bottom), Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers to blend over the embossing - fading out about an inch before the top.  I used a microfiber cloth to gentle buff any excess ink on the embossing. 

This fun technique 'traps' whatever is beneath the embossing powder - in this case teal cardstock  (by Gina K).


I also flicked on some water and then dabbed it off with a paper towel, before trimming down the panel and mounting it with craft foam onto a white notecard.   The sentiment is from the same stamp . set, heat embossed on black with OBW, and popped up on foam tape.  I added some Sparkling Clear sequins for a finishing touch.


For my next card, I stamped the Gina K Majestic Peony stamp three times onto white Bristol Smooth cardstock, and heat embossed with OBW.   I then used my blender brushes, and ink blender over the top with a rainbow selection of Distress Inks. I used Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Blueprint Sketch, Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade.   I made sure as much as possible to only put colors that blended well and didn't make brown (i.e. don't put purple next to green!) . When finished I flicked on water and acrylic white paint mixed with water. I also flicked on a little Mermaid Lagoon, and Picked Raspberry, mixed with water, and some Nuvo Midas Touch shimmer pen.  


For my sentiment, I heat embossed a small panel of white cardstock using WOW! Fool's Gold. I repeated this then die cut this fab Gina K Hello die from it, as well as from white cardstock 4 times.  I then adhered them together. 

Once again, I trimmed down my panel and popped it up on a white notecard with green craft foam.  The sentiment is from the Gina K Wrapped in Love set, heat embossed in OBW on black cardstock.  A few Sparkling Clear sequins added some fun sparkle. 


For my final card, I heat embossed the Simon Says Stamp Outline Winter Floral background onto Bristol Smooth cardstock, and heat embossed in Metallic Silver.  I then proceeded to use mini ink daubers to add ink and blend it over the top where I wanted it.  I used Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Lucky Clover, Twisted Citron and Frayed Burlap.  I then used an ink free blender brush to bring them all out. 


I also spritzed the panel with a mini mister to create speckles, then added white spatters in the same way as before.  I then trimmed down the panel and mounted it with craft foam.

The sentiment is the Big Hugs die by Birchpress Design.  I die cut it from vellum for the back piece, and then created my own embossed cardstock again, this time using Primary Chartreuse (two layers) for the front piece which I then popped it on top of the vellum and adhered the whole piece to my card.  

The subsentiment is from Taylored Expressions, heat embossed on black in matching Metallic Silver.  I also added some co-ordinating Nuvo Drops in Strawbery Coulis Jewel Drops and Vintage Drops in Postbox Red. 

I really loved how these three turned out especial the first one - whatdya think?

Jenny x 

WOW! Supplies Used








Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. Three beautiful examples of resist embossing Jenny and I love them all. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous effects on these beautiful cards! Love the emboss resist technique and will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment