Be true - a journal cover by Riikka Kovasin


"This above all: to thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare, Hamlet

It's Riikka here today to share another embellishment project with you. My first one was a clean layout and this second one is totally different. It goes to show that embossing powders are really versatile and can be used to create all sorts of embellishments! 

I started the project by making the background. I painted the cover first with black gesso. Then I wanted a pattern in there. For that I used one of the powders from the "Confetti" trio with a circle stencil and created that golden pattern in the background. Then I sprayed the project lightly with water and sprinkled flame colored powders on top. Water will keep the powders put long enough for you to heat them. There's also a touch of metallic acrylic paint in there. Then it was embellishing time! 


For this cover I mainly used Melt-It products to create the embellishments. For the lady in the center I used mainly "Bright White" powder, but used the same tin foil case I had been using to create the pearls and the flowers previously. So there's a hint of oranges in the mix and the outcome looks like marble. Whereas I gently heated the flowers after molding to get them more shiny, I kept the lady matte to enhance the contrast between the different elements. 

If you haven't used Wow products for molding before, you can find guidance from the Technique library (link) or from this video (link) at Wow's YouTube channel

After I had elements done, it was just putting everything together using gel medium and then letting the cover to dry. 

Thank you for your visit today! Wishing you a lovely autumn! 


Products used in the cover: 










Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Riika and such fabulous contrast between the orange, gold and black tones..I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Riikka, I spelt your name wrong! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment