For this technique you will need the following:
WOW! Clear Gloss Embossing Powder Ultra High, Copper and Gold Ultra High Powder
Embossing Ink Pad
Die Cutting / Embossing Machine
1, Using the Direct to Paper technique cover the grungepaper with Distress Ink, here I used Walnut Stain and Brushed Corduroy.
2. Once the paper is covered with ink, pour over the WOW! Ultra High Clear Powder and heat. You need to do this quickly as the Distress Ink doesn't stay wet for long.
3. You should now have something that looks like this
4. Using the Embossing Folder run the piece through the die cutting / embossing machine to emboss. Then rub over the embossed areas with Black Soot Distress Ink. I also used a gold ink pad to highlight the embossed areas.
5. The "metal work" was created from Grungepaper shapes which were covered with embossing ink, coated with a mixture of WOW! Copper and Gold Ultra High Powders and the heated.
6. The metal work was then attached with silicone glue to mimic a book cover
I hope you have fun trying this new technique - Emma (The Sparkly Fairy)