Skip to main content

A Mother's Day Bouquet

A Mother's Day Bouquet by design team member, Neil Burley

Hi again! Once my eyes had adjusted to the fluorescent palette, there was only one project I could think of to showcase their wonderful zingy colours. This cheerful bouquet is packaged in a self-closing box made from a single A4 sheet of photocopy acetate (heat-proof). The bouquet itself is made from white card, two Wow! stamp sets and Wow! Fluorescent Embossing Powders mounted on a cone of card to get the height.


Here's how I did it:

Firstly, I constructed the box using my own pattern (available from the Templates section of my blog). Cut out the pattern from heat-proof acetate sheet, and score all the lines. If you have a laser printer, you can print the outline directly onto the acetate, but this will leave the lines visible, as in my example. I used the Wow! 'Brocade' stamp and a clear embossing ink to ink up the panels either side of the join and then embossed them with Wow! Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter.

Though Wow! Embossing Powders are low static, acetate picks up fingerprints much more than paper or card. Use an anti-static bag to remove these and any other sticky marks.


Glue the tab down with a suitable glue or high strength double sided sticky tape. Once dry, fold the bottom tabs inward and hook together. Cut out a pentagon base from stiff card (template available here) and stick down on the inside of the box with high strength double sided table.

Next, prepare all your flowers and leaves. I used the Wow! 'Fauna' and Wow! 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' stamp sets and the Wow! Fluorescent Pink, Yellow, Orange, Blue and Green Embossing Powders. Stamp each flower several times onto white card using a clear embossing ink and then cover them all with your chosen colour. Tap off the excess, heat set and allow to cool. Cut out each flower/leaf and shape them slightly by rolling the edges between your finger and thumb or bending up the petals.

Cut out a quadrant shape of card and curl it to form a cone before sticking it down onto a second pentagon base - this allows you to drop the completed bouquet into the box. Stick down the flowers and leaves using Ranger's Glossy Accents or other suitable glue - I stuck flowers to leaves and the centre of the pink flowers uses the smaller version of the flower stamp. The centre of each flower has been highlighted with a drop of Liquid Pearls in Lemon Yellow and Pastel Raspberry.

Once everything is dry, drop the bouquet into the box, close up the top by latching the hooks round the centre and add a suitable peel off greeting to the front panel.

Here's the view from the back to show the cone, and the swirls of the clear sparkle embossing glitter:


[Total time to make: approx. 2 hours]

WOW! Shopping List:

Comments

  1. Love the design Neil and even though you would think the colours would be too much they work lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to get on with each other :)
      Thanks for your feedback

      Delete
  2. Lovely Design Neil, may have to have a play with your template. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project. Love the design and such a good use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are fab! I love the flowers and the todorial! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bianca - the stamps are fab for the flowers :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life's A Beach

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!
As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.
To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!
Finally, I added beach in…

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

Altenew’s 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop + Giveaway!

Hi Everyone!
Welcome to the Altenew 3rd Anniversary Blog Hop! If this is the first post you are reading and you would like to hop along you can start here on the Altenew Blog!
Altenew was kind enough to send us some stamps to play with and invited us to participate in the blog hop! There are some awesome prizes to be won and we also have a $30 gift certificate to give away to spend in our shop! Be sure to leave  comments on all 4 days of the blog hop to get a chance to win some amazing prizes!
I got to play with two Altenew Stamps: Basic Borders and Thinking Of You. I loved them so much I made two projects with them! 

I created this very easy background using the entire stamp set as a background and inked it up with our WOW! Embossing Powder Inkpad (UK Shop, US Shop) and using a variety of our Primary Embossing Powders (UK Shop, US Shop) to create this rainbow effect! <3 The Primary Embossing Powders go really well with each other and I simplay love how glossy they are. 


To finish…