Embossing with Die Cuts

Hi Crafty Friends - It is Natasha and I am super excited to be back with you today on the WOW blog!  For today's card I was inspired by a WOW Trio of embossing powders - Pink-a-Licious.  I love this trio created by the amazing Jo Herbert and I knew I had the perfect die to showcase this gorgeous trio!  So let's get started!  

For today's card I started by embossing 3 pieces of white card stock.  I used 3 pieces from my stash that were in my "scrap" pile.  I started by placing the white card stock on top of my WOW embossing ink pad.  I gently "pushed" the card stock into the ink to get good coverage on the white paper.  I then sprinkled the embossing powder, 1 at a time on separate papers following the same process (WOW Trio - Pink-a-Licious).  Once each one was completely covered I heat set these using my heat tool.  I did do each piece 2 times following the process (ink, then powder).  Just a friendly reminder... the Ink Pad refill (see below) is so awesome and allows you to condition and refill your embossing ink pad!  I love it!  


Once I had my embossing complete, I die cut each of the 3 colors using the circle die.  The circle die cuts out small individual circles.  I then cut a white background circle and glued the embossed circles on top of the white base circle.  I then die cut out of white cardstock the outline layer to create extra dimension around my embossed circles.  The dies I used here were from a previous Spellbinders Large Die of the Month set.  

Next I chose an embossing folder from my stash (Altenew: Zentangle Patterns 3D).  I dry embossed the background on white cardstock, then trimmed the paper down using a rectangle die for my A2 card base.  


To complete my card I chose a sentiment from Unity Stamp Company, heat embossed the sentiment using Metallic Gold Rich.  Finally I adhered all the elements together on my embossed background, using both liquid glue and foam adhesive.  

I had so much fun using this beautiful trio of colors!  Be sure to check them out, I know you will love them!  

I will be back soon with more inspiration!  

Crafty Hugs, 
Natasha 

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/



Comments

  1. Nice post. These basic steps are good and I am following these steps. Thanks. We offer embossing die sets and metal stamps. To get more details about stamps visit website

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment