Create Your Fire - a mixed media piece with Riikka Kovasin


Moikka again! It's Riikka here with my other piece for the masculine theme. Like I wrote earlier, my both makes have a vintage photo in them. Whereas the first man was maybe a sheriff, in this version I was thinking of a lumberjack. 

I really like to make dimensional projects. This time I didn't go with Melt-It as it would be a bit dull for you to see the same technique two times, right? But instead I used an embossing folder to texture a thick layer of powder. I also created some moss details with the powders and coated the whole background with a thick layer of powders of different colours. 


Like you can see from the video below, I started this project by making two pieces of wood. They are die cut out of coasters and then I just add a thick coat of embossing powder on top to turn them into pieces of wood. The die I used comes with an embossing folder and you can use that to texture molten embossing powder. I also wanted to add extra texture to the bark of the tree rings so I mixed some "Texture" powder to "Bark" embossing powder. "Texture" was previously part of the "Changers" set, but now you can get all of them individually! 

I used the same "Texture" powder also in my background when I tried to mimic moss. That powder really makes it easy to create a varying layer of different colours! Please see the powders in use in the video below. 


Did you watch the video all the way to the end? There's a fun little detail in there, just before the project is finished. Because you can use the ability to heat metal to your advantage if your applying powders to such a surface. I treated a tiny paperclip with embossing powder to better match it to my overall color scheme. You could ink such a detail, too, but this time it wasn't necessary as I could simply heat the clip and then sprinkled the powder on. 

I hope you liked the process video with the little tips! Thank you for stopping by today! Ta ta for now!







Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. A very textural piece of work Riikka and love the colours and the embossing powders work beautifully and I love the way you embossed the paperclip too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment