Video - Adding some Glitz to cards with Erica


Hi guys!

Erica back on the WOW! Embossing blog and YouTube channel today.


I have a *slight* obsession with rainbows and recently it’s moved from water coloured and ink blending backgrounds to making them with coloured card stock. I love the coloured card stock from Lawn Fawn. I like cutting them in 1cm/3/8ths of an inch strips and then making rainbows in different orders. Once I’m on a roll, I make quite a few...



As I was saying... QUITE a few. 

I definitely wasn’t going to use them all, the majority of them will be put aside for another day or another project. 

I picked out a stamp and diecut from Altenew, the Mega Greetings stamp and diecut bundle. I used the one that simply says ‘Hello’, I stamped it up with my Embossing Pad and sprinkled Fool’s Gold all over it. With the Dual Speed Heat Tool on the lowest setting I melted the powder from the other side of the paper to keep the powder from flying all over the place. 


With the diecut I cut it out, and then decided to try another way. Instead of stamping it up and then cutting it out, I simply cut it out of white card stock and then dabbed the Embossing Pad all over it. I kept the diecut inside the negative to stop it from going all over the place, and then used an array of glitter embossing powders on them. 


The other colours I used are Hero, Vintage Peacock, Sorrento and Amalfi(These two are from the Italian Trio). The Hero one I used on white card stock, the Vintage Peacock, Sorrento and one of the Amalfi are done on Licorice black card stock and the second Sorrento is done on Raspberry. I love that the colours actually change depending on the glitter powder and what colour card stock you use. 


Some of these were done as experiments and I didn’t end up using them all for cards this time. The ones I did pick out were layered up with several other diecuts to build them up. 


After they were done, I only had to stamp up another little sentiment to finish off the card so they didn’t just say ‘Hello’. I kept these simple, with black ink on white card stock. 


It’s not like the cards didn’t have enough going on already, right? Fun and colourful, and glittery! Oh, and there is a video on the YouTube channel too. In case I didn’t mention that. 


Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed these cards and found some inspiration. 



Lots of love and happy crafting from Erica 



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gif


Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB



Comments

  1. These are so bright and pretty Erica and love the different colours in the stripes and the glittery finish to the accompanying die cut sentiments. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment