Silver and Gold - a pair of cards by Riikka


Hello there! Can you believe it's already December and soon a new year starts? This year has gone by so fast! A lot of great experiences and fun crafts along the course of the year! To celebrate the change of the year, I created a pair of cards. The other one of the pair is done using silver tones and the other using gold. Can you see how much the color effects the mood?


When thinking of new year and especially the change of the year, the first thing that came to my head was fireworks! So I wanted my cards to be shiny and speckled with glitter! I used Fab Foils for the first layer and then added embossing powder on top using "Go Figure" stamp. I thought that number theme went well with the change of the year theme. I also used the Freehand tool to doodle some rings around the focal point, embossed a couple of die cut snowflakes and added glitter splashes using Sparkles.

If you want to see how the cards were made, please see the video below! 



While the silver one is maybe a bit more winter-like, the gold fits the snowflake and bursting fireworks well, too! Which one of the two is your favorite - gold or silver?

Thank you for stopping by today! Please see the used materials below and more detail shots after that! 


Materials used in the cards: 








Comments