VIDEO - Three Awesome Embossing Powders for Christmas Cards with Jenny

Have you wondered which embossing powders and glitters work well for Christmas cards?  Well, today I'm sharing with you my three favourite embossing powders to use on Christmas themed cards.  Disclaimer: these are my opinion, not definitive :)


I have three cards to share, one for each of my favourites, and I have created a video showing you the process. You can find it here and over on the WOW! YouTube Channel!



My first powder is an embossing glitter - WOW! Rockin' Red inspired by Catherine Pooler.   It is a gorgeous red with flecks of green holograhic glitter in it.  It looks amazing on kraft cardstock so that's exactly what I've done with my first card.


I took an A2 panel of Neenah Desert Storm cardstock and used my MISTI to stamp the pattern from the Hero Arts Nordic Holiday Bold Prints Background with WOW! Embossing ink.  I like to use a MISTI to stamp the pattern a couple of times to get a good impression.  I also recommend when using embossing glitter to make sure your pad is good and inked.   


 I then sprinkled the Rockin Red powder all over the panel and heat embossed it with my WOW! heat tool.  If you miss any areas you can restamp and re-sprinkle but I got a great impression first time round.   You can see in the pictures above and below that pretty green sparkle against the red - perfect Christmas colors!


I adhered the background to a card base and rounded the corners.  My sentiments are from the Hero Arts Off Beat Holiday Messages and are heat embossed in WOW! Opaque Bright White then die cut with the smallest flag die from the Simon Says Stamp Nested Banners dies. I popped them up on foam strips into the centre.


My next favourite powder for Christmas cards is WOW! Sparkling Snow.  This is such a cool powder - it is a fully opaque white glitter powder with beautiful flecks of clear, silver and holo glitter.    I wanted to show it with a solid stamp on a dark background, so the Hero Arts Nordic Tree Layering stamps were perfect. 

I stamped the main solid image directly into a panel of navy cardstock and heat embossed with the WOW! Sparkling Snow. I used a MISTI and added one more layer of powder to be sure to get a fully solid image.



For the second layer, I used Metallic Silver embossing powder.  I stamped this layer directly on top of the Sparkling Snow, and then added the silver.  I then heated, and then repeated.  This gives a fantastic layered embossed look almost like a little embellishment!   As a little finishing touch, I added the twinkling star at the top with Rockin Red.  You can see as it is NOT an opaque powder, it looks very different on dark cardstock - almost green!

My sentiment is from the same Hero Arts sentiment set as before, stamped simply in Metallic Silver.   To finish, I die cut out the whole panel with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle die, and popped it up on a white card base using white craft foam.


My final powder is a new one from a WOW! Trio that is currently exclusive to Catherine Pooler - it is Peppermint Scrub and is part of the Bundled Up trio.  All three of these powders have gorgeous HUGE chunks of holographic glitter in them, and large pieces of gold and white EP.  They also have a base color finer powder, and this one is Peppermint Scrub which is a dusky pale red pink.  I just love it - the sparkle makes it super Christmassy, but the dusky red-pink makes it a little more off-beat for holiday cards.


I die cut the Delicate Snowflake die by Catherine Pooler from white cardstock and then coated it in WOW! embossing ink, before tipping the Peppermint Scrub all over the diecut and melting.  I repeated this three times to get the gorgeous sparkly snowflake.



I wanted to keep the rest of my card simple,  so I stamped a white notecard with the CP Peaceful Flakes stamps in Versafine Onyx Black ink and CPD Rose Petals ink.   I then adhered the snowflake die cut with liquid glue directly to the panel.

What are YOUR favourite WOW! powders for Christmas and holiday cards - we'd love to know!

Jenny

Supplies





Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments




  1. Three beautiful cards Jenny and using three very different embossing powders and all very pretty looks. You have encouraged me to try some different colours for Christmas this year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and
    love that Peppermint
    Scrub powder!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment