Shades of Blue with Guest Designer Lea Lawson

We are super excited to have Guest Designer Lea Lawson up on our blog for the month of April.
Hi! I'm Lea, and I currently reside in Minneapolis, MN. Wife to Josh and mom to 2 precious babies in Heaven, Ellie & Layton. I am a dog mama to Bailey, the grumpy...I mean precocious yorkie, and Sadie, the sweet but not so smart cocker spaniel. (We always tell her that she's lucky she's so pretty!) I’ve been a creative soul & lover of photography since a very young age, and I adore that I get to utilize everything I love in my different roles within the industry. I’ve been papercrafting in some form since childhood, but officially became a part of the industry in 2002. I’ve loved watching it ebb, flow and change over the years, and look forward to seeing and being part of its continued growth!
_______________________________________

Happy Tuesday, crafty friends! Lea Lawson here today, and I am so excited to be a guest with you this month! For my first guest post I have a set of simple cards that pack a punch thanks to some beautiful embossing powders from WOW! I've paired them with a brand new stamp set from Pinkfresh Studio called Through The Trees, and they truly are a perfect fit!

I started by prepping three heavyweight white cardstock blocks with a powder tool. Then I stamped & heat embossed the forest scene to each one using WOW! Embossing Ink, and embossing powders in the following colors: Midnight Dream, Vintage Peacock and Under The Sea. Then I heat set them with my new WOW! dual speed heat tool.

Next I prepared all the sentiments, choosing three of my favorite ways to create them! For the Midnight Dreams version of the card, I prepped black cardstock with a powder tool, then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment to it with WOW! embossing ink & Opaque Bright White super fine embossing powder. Once set, I trimmed it into a thin strip.

For the Under The Sea version, I prepped a block of vellum with a powder tool. Then I stamped & heat embossed the sentiment to it with WOW! embossing ink and Gold Rich Pale embossing powder. I also trimmed this one into a strip, then wrapped it around the middle and adhered it.

For the Vintage Peacock version, I stamped the sentiment directly to the middle with some onyx black Versafine.

At this point it was time to assemble the cards. I paired each embossed tree block with a coordinating A2 card base, and adhered it to the front with foam adhesive. I popped the black cardstock sentiment up with a thin strip of foam tape, then accented each card with coordinating jewel trios to finish.
I really hope that you enjoyed my card set today using some of the amazing WOW! Embossing Powders, ink & heat tool! These turned out beautifully, and I could see them created in ANY of the amazing WOW! Embossing Powders.

Have an awesome day!

Links:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChdGnNPPvQoJGI_ARqZoXwQ

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 bloggr.png email.png facebook.png  instagram.png  twitter.png  youtube.png  pinterest.png


Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB

Comments

  1. I love the three colourways using these pretty trees, and the sentiments added in three different ways look great. Wonderful to see you as a GD this month too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment