Blog Archive

Thursday, 16 June 2016

Life's A Beach


Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all well and getting very creative this month!

As this month's challenge is summer and I live on an island it seemed only natural that my inspiration card would feature sea and sand.

To create my beach scene I started off with a piece of pale blue card and a rubbed a Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad across the top several times. I then sprinkled WOW Peppermint Tea Powder and Under The Sea Glitter over the top, tapped off the excess and melted with a heat tool. I created the sand underneath using Gold Pearl Powder.


For the sea I ran a line of PVA glue in the middle of the sky and sand with my finger, sprinkled with Under The Sea Glitter and melted with a heat tool. For the waves I added small areas of PVA straight from the nib of the bottle when added Opaque White Powder.




The birds and sentiment I have used Opaque British Summer Powder which is one of my favourite new powders, great colour and great name!

Finally, I added beach inspired die-cuts, twine and porthole and inked and distressed the edges to add to the nautical feel.

I hope this has inspired you and I will look forward to seeing your summery makes,


Where to buy








Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sarah with all that texture and added nautical embellishments. I really love to make sea related cards and that and flowers are my favourites. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat, that's very kind if you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love how you created the scene in the porthole. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete