Hello, dear crafters!It is Victoria on the blog today. This month theme is Spring, it is a great time for new beginning and discovery. And for me spring and especially April is always connected with International Day of Human Space Flight. I absolutely love space theme and this time I wanted to make a canvas inspired by the Doctor Who show.
1. I started with making galaxy background, working on a 20*20 cm piece of watercolor paper. I went wet-on-wet, using few shades of pink, blue, purple and black sprays and watercolor, starting from the lightest color. For better blending you should let it air-dry, thus the colors bleed into each other.
2. When the paper dried, I made lots of small splashes of white acrylic paint for the brightest stars and white pearl spray for more subtle, but shiny from another angle look.
3. I used snow stamp from Let It Snow (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set, as it reminds me of starry sky also. So I stamped it with Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad and used WE10 White Pearl powder and heat set it with WOW! Heat Tool - Euro.
4. Also I took a stencil with starry pattern, mixed some clear texture paste with pearlescent pigment and applied it through the stencil. When it dried, I've got a great semi- transparent shimmering look. You can see the background I created just below.
5. I prepared some embellishments. First of all I painted with watercolor few planets and die-cut them using circle dies. Then I covered them with Wow Clear Ultra Slow Drying Embossing Pad ink and two or three coats of WN01 Glo-in-the-Dark. I also embossed few chipboard stars with the same powder. I believe it's an amazing product, I absolutely adore it.7. Chipboard heart is embossed with two layers WS115 Royal Crush powder.
8. Die-cut rings are covered with WS125 Under the Sea powder and cut into few details (I often stretch my dies this way.
9. Also I painted the TARDIS with watercolor and covered it with tree layers of ultra high WA01 Clear Gloss embossing powder and added just a few scoops of WS115 Royal Crush and WS08R Clear Multi Sparkle for glitter shine.
10. I cut a couple of clock faces from a piece of scrapbooking paper, covered them with two layers of ultra high WA01 Clear Gloss embossing powder and bend them to create a look of cracked glass.
11. I also took few other embellishments like handmade flowers, die-cut leaves, details of a real clock, a brunch, crystals and a brad and assembled everything into a composition. I am pretty sure you can easily see, that I started from arranging the planets, using foam adhesive, then glued a brunch, TARDIS, flowers, leaves and after added all those little details.
12. As a finishing touch, I added some drops of blue glossy liquid and clear micro-bead topping.
Be inspired this spring and dream big! Have a fantastic day!
WS08R Clear Multi Sparkle
Where to Buy: