Sparkle & Shine art journal page


This months theme at the blog is anything but a card. And my favourite thing to do is making cards. But I do love to make art journal pages too and I've got a small art journal that is almost the size of a card, is that cheating? I made this page using Sparkle & Shine and the little star from Pick 'n Mix. I started by making blobs of color with Distress Paint, using the dauber straight to the page. When it was dry I stamped on top. The text is stamped with an old alphabet set I had in my stash. It's a quote from Roald Dahl. I added some dots with a pen to give it a more whimsical feel. Right now when I'm typing this I wish I would have added one of the clear sparkle embossing powders on top of the jewels. You could easily flip the jewel stamp over on the block and apply versamark ink on top of the stamped image and add embossing powder on top. I might go back and do that. 

I hope you like my no-card creation. I think it turned out pretty fun, I love making art journal pages. It's all about the process to me and I always enjoy doing something just for fun.

Supplies:
Sparkle & Shine Clear Stamp Set
Pick 'n Mix Clear Stamp Set

Comments