Hooray for Summer!...

Hello there!

I missed you all last month!  Please accept my apologies for my absence.

This month's theme is 'Summer' and I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad it's finally arrived!  I love the sunshine and the happiness it seems to invoke in everyone.

My project for this month is, unsurprisingly, a card!  It's also that time of year when Father's Day is fast approaching so I took this opportunity to get one of the cards I need to have made.



When I think Summer, I think beach, I think blue skies and crystal blue sea so I decided to go with it. Out came the Distress Inks and I set about creating a background, which hopefully is reminiscent of a beach scene with light clouds in the sky just above the horizon of a clear blue sea...yes, I do need a holiday!!

I then stamped the wide 'dotty' border from Funky Border Strips in VersaMark ink and lightly sprinkled Primary Lagoon embossing powder over it, ensuring not to cover the pattern completely.  To get the excess powder off without coating all of the wet ink, I've found a very scientific technique...spin the card round as quickly as possible so that it is upside down and hopefully the powder will fall off without catching the rest of the ink!!  I then covered the remaining exposed ink with Pastel Glacier Mint powder to give this two-tone type effect.

Above this the sentiment from Everyday Sentiments is embossed in Metalline Dark Blue, which gives a lovely finish that's not quite matt, not quite metallic and not quite pearlescent but a kind of mix of all three...that is the best way I can describe it!  I really like the finish :)

I hope you are all enjoying the Summer, wherever you are, and that you have a go at joining in with us here this month!

Thanks,


















Comments

  1. You definitely nailed the beach & blue skies! What's so clever is using quite a few techniques but giving impression of simplicity, just as time on a beach would be. Sorry, words aren't coming easily tonight, hope you know what I mean. Main message is it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment