Embossed Ornaments Christmas Card



Happy Wednesday! Nicole here with a fun card to share with you today. I wanted to create a very feminine and classic Christmas card using the ombre background technique. There is also a video tutorial below to make sure to check it out - you can see how the card comes together in person.

I used an ornament stamp set to create today's project. Embossing powders can really pop out those solid images and grab anyone's attention well. I stamped two ornaments onto the cardstock and heat embossed it using some Gold Rich Regular embossing powder.

Few colors of pigment ink pads were used to create this background - I used light pink, bright pink, light purple, dark purple, and a dark gray color to create this ombre look. It really helps those heat embossed ornaments to stand out nicely. Don't you just love the contrast? 


I also heat embossed a scrap white cardstock using the same Gold Rich embossing powder. Those were cut into 1/2" strips and added to the side of the cardbase. Then I popped out the main image using some 3D foam tapes. I left the sentiment part super simple and clean to balance out the card.

Please enjoy the video tutorial below, and the full supplies list can be found here. Thanks for spending some time with me!


Comments

  1. love your card and the ombre on the background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the gold, pink and purple colour palette. Such a quick and great looking card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the gold, pink and purple colour palette. Such a quick and great looking card idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was für ein genialer Effekt, schuat klasse aus!

    LG
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment