Blog Hop with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Day 2!

Welcome to Day 2 of our very first collaborative blog hop with our friends at Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L! Our design team has been playing with their products and discovering inventive ways to use them with Wow! Embossing Powders! 

Please leave our design team some love in the comments section below and you just might win some goodies from both our companies!  

Let it Snow card by Jenifer Cowles
I had so much fun using the foam sheets from 3L.  I took off the protective backing then sprinkled on the Metallic Blue Ultra and heated it then ran it through my embossing machine.  I used a small dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug, I then sanded lightly giving me the small white polka dots.  I love how this looks and I can't wait to play around with some more foam sheets.

Here is a close up.  I stamped the "ME Blizzard" snowflake stamp on a piece of vellum using Bright White  embossing powder and attached it with the EZ-runner.  I did the Let it Snow with a Wow pen and some Metallic Silver powder to tie it all together.  All of the ribbons are from May Arts and the Metal Snowflake are Momenta.


Hey!
It's Sian here with my cards using a combination of 3L's awesome adhesives and WOW!'s wonderful powders - what a match...made in heaven!


For this first card I embossed the background using the Vintage Wallpaper stamp and Metallic Gold Rich powder. I then die cut the trefoil pieces for the 3L 3D Foam Creative Sheets and used Metallic Gold Rich and Metallic Copper powders to create the central embellishment.  It gives a really lovely effect - it's so tactile and full of texture - I don't know why I hadn't tried it sooner!

Here's a wee close up...


Supplies
3L Adhesives - 3D Creative Foam Sheet


I also made this second card...


I don't think I will ever need to buy embellishments again!!  I was really pleased with how well the 3L Dodz took the heat embossing.  I have experimented with opaque and the more translucent powders - they both give a fantastic finish.  The opaque powders create a more matt finish, akin to enamel dots, whereas the translucent powders give a higher shine and you can still see through the dots partly, like glass beads - awesome!

Supplies
3L Adhesives - Dodz
WOW! - Earthtone Grape Powder

Thank you for popping by and visiting our blog, be sure to visit Scrapbook Adhesives blog to view their creations using our products!

Leave a comment below and you will be entered into a draw to win a brand new set of 6 embossing glitters and some Scrapbook Adhesive goodies! Get more chances to win by commenting on each new day of our blog hop!

Day 1

Winners will be announced on Monday 27th of October. Good luck! 

Comments

  1. Jenifer's card is so pretty. I really like how the embossed foam sheet came up. I love Sian gorgeous colour combination, that embossed background is stunning. Love the idea of making your own embellishments with the dotz and WOW powders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome, I have never thought to use the adhesives this way!!! very cool, I will be trying this new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards today! Embossing powders add so much to projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful techniques! I've never thought to sand embossing, what a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed seeing so many creative ways to use the adhesives and embossing powders together. The cards are lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried putting on the powders and then running them through the embossing.
    It looked so nice on your card and it's something I have to try.
    the blue/gold card is beautiful. Blue is my favorite color any and the gold really makes it pop.
    Love the layering on the third card.
    Thanks for sharing such wonderful projects and new ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say is WOW! These are techniques that I never would have thought of let alone tried. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work, loving
    all the embossing and
    the colors are great!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow--beautiful cards with these products and techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not familiar with the 3L Foam Sheets, so this technique was new to me. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Superb cards really like the look of the Dodz with powders will have to try this. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects. I have not tried the foam sheets yet but they look like they would be fun to use.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabtastic cards! I love the bold colors and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the birthday card with the coloured dots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. such fantastic cards you've made they are very inspiring hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty cards! love these tips and ideas! beautiful colors and fun techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards! Love the technique of wow embossing + embossing machine + sanding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful techniques and effects! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fantastic work!!!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards and brilliant techniques - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have me dreaming of a whit Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. three different but wonderful projects today! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had no idea that embossing could be sanded after going through folder embossing. New technique for me, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards and more inspirational ideas for me to try, I just need some of these products to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The backgrounds on the first 2 cards are so beautiful and I love the colorful CAS card too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE the Colors!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment