2-way calling - Telephone Box Stamp

The well known icon of the telephone kiosk (aka telephone box) is so recognizable even if dressed two ways. There's the traditional "currant red" of the UK standard boxes and the blue of dr Who's Tardis.

For my monthly project, I used the telephone box stamp from one of Wow Embossing Powder's first stamp sets in a card and in a tag.



The Card
I stamped the telephone box in Memento black ink then used water color paints for the background. I used my heat tool to quickly dry and set the water colors.

I masked the telephone box and sprayed white acrylic paint with a paint brush to dot stars on the background. Then, I stamped the entire face of the card with Versamark ink and heat set on top Wow's clear hologram sparkle embossing glitter. The effect is out of this world.


Can you see the hologram shimmer? 

The Tag
This little tag will look great on a Union Jack themed gift basket I am planning.

I started with the red telephone box stamped on the tag. I masked it then used Memento's Gray Flannel (seemed so appropriate) to fill in the gaps on the tag with more stamping of the box.

The overlay on this tag was done with 1 Layer of Wow's clear ultra high embossing powder.

With a final touch of red ribbon and string, the tag was complete.


With similar embossing techniques and the same stamp, here are two different looks for you!



Comments