Vintage Inspired Mothers Day Card

Hi it's Sarah here... :D

Mothers Day has passed here in the UK but I thought I would share with you a vintage inspired card that I created for my wonderful Mum.


I tried a new technique involving heat embossing onto acrylic. I had some clear ornate acrylic frames that were a little too modern looking for the effect that I was hoping to create so I experimented with embossing them... I used a layer of Silver Pearl Embossing Powder followed by a layer of Gold Satin Pearl over the top - you can see that this changes the colour from a modern looking 'silver colour' to a lovely vintage pearl colour. I think the effect works really well - what do you think?






I stamped the "Happy Mothers Day' sentiment from the "Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set"

To complete the card, I created some 3D embellishments using a mixture of Pearl Gold Sparkle, Orange Pearl, Silver Pearl & Melt It Powder. I attached these embellishments along with some others including beautiful lace and pearl ribbon. The insert was based on the vintage theme also...

If you have chance, play along with our monthly challenge... the theme is 'Anything Goes'...

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! And another surface to add to the list that embossing powders stick too!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Großartig und wunderschön.
    Aber wo bekomme ich die herrlichen Silikon-Formen???

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as usual. I will try this technique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment