Hi there, Birgit here! Welcome to the WOW! blog today!
This is my last post on this blog. As from January I will be switching to the WOW! UK/Global Blog.
Thank you Suzy, Gina and Wow! Design Team members for a wonderful year! And thank you readers for reading my blog posts! I hope I was able to inspire you and jump start your creativity! Hopefully I will see you all again on the UK blog!
It's almost Christmas and I want to share with you an art journal page about my Christmas tree decorations for which I created an embossed Christmas tree.
I started with applying an Adhesive Sheet (Scrapbook AdhesivesTM by 3L) to a piece of cardstock and embossed it with a mix of green embossing powders, Glamour Green Glitter, Earthtone Olive Regular, Primary Evergreen Super Fine (WOW! Embossing Powders).
Then I tore the embossed paper into pieces, creating the branches of the tree.
I added some turquoise acrylic paint to 2 pieces of patterend paper to create a background and applied the branches to the paper starting from the bottom layering the pieces of embossed paper.
I used an E-Z Runner, only covering the middle part of the branches. The edges of the branches being not glued down and curling up a little reinforces the effect of the layers.
After I finished the tree I added the journaling using a white sharpie. All the German song titles of Peter
Alexanders Christmas songs :)
I added crystals as Christmas ornaments and highlighted some of the words.
The wooden snowflake was embossed with Silver Hologram Sparkle embossing powder for a sparkling effect.
The finished left side:
The finished right side:
Thank you for stopping by today in these busy times! Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!!
Pin It Now!
- ► 2016 (90)
- ► 2015 (123)
- ► 2014 (152)
- ► 2013 (190)
- Wrapping up the year with WOW!
- Our last post of 2012
- .: The ugly Duckling :.
- Embossing chipboard to make fancy cards
- Happy New Year in Style!
- Homemade Christmas present... mini magnets
- Art Journal Every Day December - Christmas Traditi...
- Party Invitations Booklet for 2013
- A yummy Christmas package with WOW!
- CHALLENGE- Embossing on Fabric
- BELIEVE .....
- A Little Break From Holiday Crafting
- Embossing Holiday Ornaments & Cones
- New Year, New You
- "Tis the season of giving"
- November Challenge Winner
- Bonne chance
- Christmas Decoration Tutorial
- New Year's Party Invite
- "WOW" Poinsetta!!!
- Happy New Year (soon ;o) !
- Song Birds
- WOW! Winter Tags
- Decking the Halls with the Powder Puff Girls
- December Challenge
- ▼ December (27)