Skip to main content

Steampunk Wall Hanging

Jen Matott here to share a Steampunk-themed project that started out as a card front and emerged into a wall hanging because I just couldn't stop myself from adding more and more!  I started with a shipboard base and used modeling paste through a Prima gear stencil. 


 I used Basically Bare's gears in chipboard and cardboard and applied VersaMark to them and added the metallic powders in Ultra High Gold and Regular Silver and Regular Copper.  These powders create such an amazing metallic surface that it appears to be real metal!  I also stamped a wing onto a wing chipboard piece and embossed the felt key with silver powder!  It gives it a very shimmery and flocked appearance!
 The dressform is also Basically Bare and I peeled away the top layer and stamped VersaMark again to the raised areas and embossed Ultra High Gold and Regular Copper.


Here you can see that while the Ultra High Gold was wet, I added a bit of Black Glint to mix in.  Gives it an aged look don't you think?

Here's a bit of the copper cardboard gear peaking out of the hat shape. 



I added some May Arts Ribbon, a doily and some bling and metal rings to complete this piece!  It was so much fun to make and once it finished I knew it was going to hang on my wall instead of be mailed to someone!  I added some ribbon and a ring to hang it with.

Are you as crazed with the Steampunk/ gear look as I am?

Supplies:
WOW Metallic Embossing powders in Ultra High Gold, Regular Silver, Regular Copper
Wow Embossing powder in Black Glint
Basically Bare chipboard from Hats & Stashes, Gears, Dressform, and Frames
May Arts Ribbon
Prima metal Gears/ hatpin & Stencil
Feathers,
The Rubber Cafe bling and stamps
Golden Paint Modeling paste

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handy Stamp Storage Idea

Hello everyone... Happy Tuesday! :D

It's Sarah here with today's blog post created for our Monochromatic theme.




I don't know about you, but I always find I need to use stamps from a mixture of stamp sets and I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to slide each stamp set in and out of the packets all of the time.

I have a bunch of empty CD cases that I had almost thrown out but thankfully I hadn't as they turned out to be the perfect solution! The part that holds the CD easily popped out so I could then position my different stamp sets within them.

I found an old wooden CD box but it had no lid and as all clear acrylic stamps are best stored out of the light, I decided I would make a box lid for it... not just a plain lid though... a Wow Embossed box lid!


Here are brief instructions on how to make it:



STEP ONE

Using pearl silver card, I created a square to the size that I needed (145mm) and added 30mm wide rectangles around the square adding in some t…

#spreadjoynotgerms Official Blog Hop

#spreadjoynotgerms
Official Blog Hop
We are playing along this fabulous blog hop that both Catherine Pooler and  Alexandra Stapleton- Smith has organised. 
Some of our fabulous design team members have made you some wonderful creations for you today even our very own Marion Emberson. Please visit the list below of our Design Team members.
We are really excited about spreading inspiration and joy to all of the fellow stampers that are home, alone, anxious...or just bored!
We are so excited about this hop!  We have 31 sponsors and 153 bloggers participating.  We’re about to spread a whole lot of joy to those that are doing their part, staying home and NOT spreading germs!  WOOOT!

Happy memories - embossed background

I must admit I was having a bit of a problem coming up with a memory keeping project for this months post. I have been making almost only cards lately and had a bit of a problem filling a whole layout. I do make some layouts and lately I've been partial to letter sized layouts because the format remind me of cards and makes it easier for me to plan the page. This time I made a A4 sized layout because it's easier for me to find the page protectors in regular stores here. I used some good cardstock that doesn't warp much when you heat it or add water since i knew I would emboss it.
Here's what I did. I picked the pretty Chrysanthemum background stamp and embossed it in Silver Pearl embossing powder three times in a row across the background. I must admit I was more than a little inspired by Isha Guptas cards for her guest post earlier this week. I used distress inks in Twisted Citron and Mermaid Lagoon and applied with an ink blending tool randomly over the embossed are…