|Vintage Anniversary Card by Neil Burley|
For the card:
- Use a blending tool to apply Fired Brick Distress Ink round the edge of your card and age it with a gentle edge blend of Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Set aside to dry.
- On a separate sheet of white card, cover the card with Old Paper Distress Ink or Distress Stain and dry thoroughly before moving to the next stage
- Stamp WOW! Vintage Wallpaper in clear embossing ink, and cover with WOW! White Pearl Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess and heat set. Allow to cool.
- Using a blending tool, apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges and across the bottom section. Set aside to dry.
For the male portrait:
- Use Google Image Search to find a male silhouette and resize it in a word processor to be 3.5cm high to fit in the frame from WOW! Simply Amazing stamp set. Print it onto 160gsm white card using a black and white laser printer.
- Cut some WOW! Red Fab Foil to size and place over the printed image, shiny side up. Cover with a sheet of plain paper and then run it though a heat laminator - the foil should adhere to the laser toner - alternatively use an iron as the heat source, pressing firmly.
- Cut out the foiled silhouette and use a red pen or ink pad to colour the cut edges.
For the female portrait:
The Bonding Powder works better through a laminator if it has been heat set first.
If you find the foil doesn't stick so well to the laser printed image, try using the printer settings to high quality to add more toner or putting the whole thing through the laminator again - without moving anything between!
For the frames:
- Stamp two images using the frame from WOW! Simply Amazing in clear embossing ink and cover with WOW! Bonding Powder. Tap off the excess and heat set.
- Cut a piece of WOW! Glitter Gold Fab Foil to size and set the foil as above - don't cut out just yet.
- To give a bit of dimension and to take back some of the shininess, print over the foil with the frame stamp again and apply WOW! Clear Matt Dull Embossing Powder. Tap off the excess and heat set. Cut out each frame.
- Apply Vintage Photo Distress Ink to a piece of white card and place the cut out frames over it and blend their edges, keeping them still. You should now have an outline of the frame which you can then cut out, leaving a border. Spritz the background with water to age it and dry with the heat tool.
- Stick down the vintage wallpaper background to the card with double sided tape. Draw round the edge with a black fine liner.
- Edge the background with metallic tape/peel off strips/gold embossed lines.
- Stick down the frame backgrounds with double sided tape/glue.
- Stick the foiled portraits to them with double sided tape/glue.
- Mount the frames with foam pads for some dimension.
- Use a suitable sentiment - peel off or stamped.
WOW Shopping List:
- WOW! Glitter Gold Fab Foil
- WOW! Red Fab Foil
- WOW! Clear Matt Dull Embossing Powder
- WOW! White Pearl Embossing Powder
- WOW! Simply Amazing clear stamp set
- WOW! Vintage Wallpaper clear stamp
- WOW! Bonding Powder