Rocking the embossing powders......

Hello and Happy Friday!  Jen Roach here and I'm thrilled to be sharing my very first WOW layout with you today starring my rock star-wannabe daughter.

I created the kraft cardstock background by taking a 12 x 12 stencil, applying some Versamark ink and embossing it with the Suzy West Earthtone Pepper powder.  Then I sprayed the cardstock with some Maya Mist and applied some Ranger Distress ink around the edges using a sponge.  To show off the gold in the Elvis sunglasses in the photos I embossed the edges of the chipboard letters and accents.  Finally I took some really old star shaped brads and embossed them with gold powder.


Here's a close up of the wood background.  As you can see it gives an awesome shine and dimension to your background:


In this close up you can see that I created a gold embossed star by covering the chipboard with Versamark ink and embossing it.  To cover up the raw edges I added some Distress Ink.  To create the rock star letters, I sprayed the raw chipboard with Maya Mist and let them dry.  Then I rolled the edges of the letter in my Versamark pad and dipped them into the gold embossing powder before heating.


Finally, here's a close up of the star brads.  I dipped the brad into my Versamark ink and then dipped the whole thing into my jar of gold powder. 


My tip of the day:  I have a few small shallow plastic dishes in my craft room.  I usually dump the whole container of embossing powder into one and then dip my chipboard or embellishments into them face down.  You can get a nice thick layer of powder on your items this way.  You can easily pour the powder back into the jar when you're done and then rinse out the container for next time.

Supplies:
Papers:  The Paper Company (kraft) cardstock, Bazzill scalloped edge cardstock, My Mind's Eye (woodgrain) patterned paper
WOW Embossing Powders: Suzy West Earthtone Pepper, Metallic Rich Gold
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Ink (Vintage Photo), Maya Road Espresso brown mist spray (Maya Mist)
Accessories:   The Crafter's Workshop Woodgrain 12 x 12 stencil, silver metal star shaped brads, Pink Paislee letter stickers, Heidi Swapp chipboard letters, Colorbok chipboard star and journalling block, grosgrain ribbon, Making Memories brads

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous and love the embossed texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this is AMAZING! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome. I am in love with the colors that you used and that stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the COOLEST pages I've ever seen! That woodgrain is just awesome! This is such a fantastic page, and these powders are so easy to work with, and the colors are gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Gina! I am so inspired by this, just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment