How About Some Vellum Butterflies!?!?!


Hello everyone, Patti here and I want to share a technique that I use with vellum and WOW embossing powder! It's really easy and give such a cute look, and gives them a little dimension too. You can use them on cards, layouts or any other project that you like, and the color possibilities are endless with all of the beautiful Suzy West colors!!!



This is a card that I did for CHA and I put one of the little butterflies on it. For this I used the following:

WOW "Build A Butterfly" stamp set #STAMPSET7
WOW Suzy West "Candy Counter" powder Sour Lemon
WOW Suzy West "Candy Counter" powder Whirly Pop
WOW Suzy West "Candy Counter" powder Gummy Bear Green (leaves)
other products:
WorldWin Papers vellum
WorldWin Smooth & Silky cardstock yellow
Websters Pages "Let's Celebrate" patterned paper & title
Prima blooms
ribbon
Ranger liquid pearls white

First I stamped and embossed onto the vellum the solid outline butterfly with the Sour Lemon, then used one of the fill in stamps in Whirly Pop. Carefully cut both out. Keep the solid flat. Fold the center up and attach to the base. Then just use pearls or gems for the body. Also, for the little leaves, I just used an embossing pen and drew them onto the vellum, embossed them with the Gummy Bear Green and cut them out. Makes a really cute touch.


You can use any color combination to get lots of looks, you can use the same color for the base and the wings, or mix them up. The possibilities are endless with all the "WOW" colors.

Also, I took the title from a sheet of Websters Pages and cut the title, I used an embossing pen and outlined it and used the Whirly Pop, and then the leaves with the Gummy Bear Green!

Just get some vellum and start playing, you will be surprised and all the neat things you can do with it and a few stamps and embossing powder!!!!

Comments

  1. Love the vibrant colors, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies, and Jamie thanks for the help!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Patti the colors are sure eye catching and has the "wow" factor (sorry couldn't resist lol). I love the effect of that technique I'm sure going to try it since I have vellum that has been sitting around fora while unused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great tip Patti, the vellum looks great

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment