Hello Friend!

Happy Sunday to you all!
Today I wanted to share a fun, simple card with a technique I love.

I don't know about you, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE border punches. I have a Silhouette that will cut them, but it just has never replaced my love for all the fabulous border punches out there.
One of the things I love to do is take some white cardstock and punch out my borders, they apply some embossing ink, powder, and heat it up!

Here's a look at this technique:
I used the EK Success Calligraphy Chain punch, white cardstock and then embossed the border with the yummy Wow by Suzy West Earthtone Blueberry embossing powder.

Here's a look at the card:



I also used the Suzy West stamps and some Cable Car Red embossing powder for the heart (it's actually a square stamp that I stamped, embossed and then cut out the heart and embossed the edges) and I used the same red for "hello friend". The telephone is embossed with Skyline Grey Puff embossing powder. I finished it off with some red/white bakers twine from The Twinery. I can't wait to drop this in the mail this week to a friend.
If you are a border punch lover, I hope I have inspired you to pair them with some embossing powder. It's a really fun technique!
Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!
--Amy

Comments

Post a Comment