"Stamping" and Storing

It's Friday baby!!! Hey there everyone, Tanisha Long here with my very first WOW post! I have had so much fun working with these embossing powders and I have to admit, they're quite addictive!!

I found this sketch on the Sketchy Thursdays blog and used it along with some products from Creative Imaginations, Bella Blvd, and WOW's CHA booth neighbors, Basically Bare here on this layout featuring my adorable boys.
To add a little texture to this chipboard gear, I added WOW embossing powder in high gloss silver. I used my finger to brush some of the embossing powder off before heat embossing for more of a distressed look.

Before adhering the gear to my layout, I used it as a stamp.

I inked the back using embossing ink and then stamped in various places on my layout.

I heat embossed as I normally would after stamping an image.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the "stamped" image.

This high gloss is so thick and shiny-- I just love it!

Before I go, I wanted to share with you a great tip for storing your WOW embossing powders for easy identification. This will come in handy because like I said, these powders and addictive. Buy one and before you know it, you'll have the entire collection!

I started by punching small circles from white cardstock for each jar. Next, I embossed each circle (one circle per color).

If you plan to store your embossing powders in these adorable cases that they come in, simply attach the embossed circle to the outside of the case using a glue dot. This way you can tell at a glance which color is located in which case.

I recently reorganized my scrap room and store all of my jars together in a kassett box from Ikea. So, I attached the embossed circles to the tops of the jars. I can't tell you how much this has simplified the embossing process.

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check back often as our fabulous Design Team members posts beautiful projects on a daily basis!

Until next time,

Tanisha

Comments

  1. This is so incredibly cute! And I love your dots for easy view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanisha, I LOVE that fun page! Perfect embellies and design! And what a great idea for storing, I'm always picking up and looking, picking up and looking! That saves time! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment