Exploring Embossing - Emboss Resist - Stepped Up!

Hey, how are you? I'm back today with another instalment of Exploring Embossing! Today, I'm going back to basics with some Emboss Resist - probably the embossing technique we all try first, right? Well, this time, I'm stepping it up a little!




To start, I made an inky background. I blended spun sugar and tumbled glass distress oxides. When it was dry, I dusted it with anti-static powder then inked up a patterned stamp (from MFT) with embossing ink. After stamping on to my background, I heat embossed it with clear gloss. This traps the colour behind the embossing.

To step it up, I added more ink with some layering stencils from Taylored Expressions. After stamping the butterflies' bodies in black ink, I added some clear gloss embossing powder and heat set. I lined up my first stencil, and ink blended a darker shade of pink and blue over the lighter shades in the background (this time, I used kitsch flamingo and broken china). I repeated with my second stencil, this time using festive berries and mermaid lagoon.




I wiped the excess ink away from the embossed pattern with a dry cloth, which reveals the lighter colours underneath and it creates a really cool pattern within the stencilling!

To finish my card, I trimmed the panel down and added it with craft foam to a white A2 card panel. I added a die cut butterfly (from Lawn Fawn) to the front with foam tape, then created my sentiment. I die cut the Concord & 9th sentiment three times from black card and stacked them together. I then pressed it into my embossing pad, covered it in clear gloss and heat set. I then glued this to the butterfly and finished off with some coordinating Sequins.

I loved going back to a basic technique, but really adding to it! Thanks for reading and I'll see you again soon for some more Exploring Embossing!

Comments