Journal - Mixed media

Hi Crafty friends - it is Natasha and I am excited to be back with you today!  Today I am sharing a journal spread I created!  I love color, texture, and powders - so come join me!  


For today's journal spread I am working in my smaller journal, I worked on both the top and bottom pages.  I started by adding several shades of Lindy's Gang Sprays. I added several layers and used my drying tool between layers.  I then added 2 shades of distress oxide sprays and added droplets of water as well to the page for more texture.  I removed the water droplets with a dry paper towel.  Once my I was happy with my background colors, I then added a text stamp to my background.  I stamped it in various places on my journal page.  I stamped it using WOW embossing ink and heat set it in Opaque Bright White Embossing powder.  


Next I used a stencil from my stash and a yellow tone dye ink to ink blend through the stencil.  I love the subtle texture this provides in the background.  Next I wanted to add a bit more texture to the edges of the journal page.  I applied embossing ink using a blending tool and then add Caramel Vanilla Embossing Powder to the edges and heat set this with my WOW heat tool.  




It was now time to work on my ephemera pieces.  I have a combination of pieces here from birds, word panels, and leaves.  I distressed the edges of the ephemera and birds using a combination of my distress tool, archival ink, and WOW embossing powder in the color Mud Pie. After all the pieces were distressed I added a few circles to the journal page using my circle tool and a white gel pen.  I also added a few white splatters with acrylic paint.   I then carefully adhered all the ephemera and cheese cloth using glue dots and liquid glue.  


Once everything was I adhered I covered various parts of my journal with post it notes and added metallic gold splatters.  I also added a few sentiments to complete my journal page.  

I hope today's project inspires you to try adding powders to your journal pages, as well as to your ephemera - I love it and I hope you do too!  



Crafty Hugs - I will be back soon!  
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. Fabulous journal pages Natasha so full of interest and I love the added gold splatters and the bits of caramal and brown EP's, and the white embossed script, and the beautiful birds, leaves and ephemera pieces over the top. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment