Die Cutting with Embossing Powder

Hi Crafty Friends!  I am excited to be back up with you today on the WOW Embossing blog!  I wanted to share with you ways to use your die cuts and embossing powders to create a fun and beautiful mixed media style card!  So let's get started!  



I started by creating my background using Lindy's Gang Magical Powders.  I used several colors to create a sparkly and textured background!  You can use watercolors, pigment powders, oxides!  Truly anything from your stash to create a colorful background!  

Next I chose my die cut floral image.  I am using the beautiful Layered Wood Flower die set from Altenew.  I die cut both the flower and the leaves.  I wanted to create more texture and depth to my die cuts so I used several colors of distress oxide ink.  Once I was done ink blending I spritzed the images with water.  I love the added texture this provides! I set these aside to work on my embossing!  



I was now ready to emboss.  I wanted to add texture and shine to the center of the flowers, as well as to a die cut behind my flowers.  I chose the Luxurious Chocolate embossing powder.  I prepared a piece of kraft card stock and then embossed this panel.  I then die cut the stamens for each flower out.  Next I adhered the layers of the flowers and leaves together.  


Next I created the focal point for behind my flower image.  I die cut the Burlap texture die using kraft card stock.  I then embossed sections of this die cut piece for added shine and texture.  Next I trimmed down the panel using a rectangle die.  I then added texture to sections of the rectangle panel and added archival ink to the edges to add more texture.  I then adhered my panel to my A2 card base and adhered the flowers, leaves, and burlap piece using liquid glue and foam tape.  I chose a sentiment from the Sweet sentiments set from WOW and adhered this using foam tape.  I added a few sequins and my card was complete!  




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I will be back soon with more mixed media fun!  

Crafty Hugs!  
Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. A gorgeous card Natasha and I love the Lindy's Magicals used in the background which have lots of sparkle, and then the contrasting deep plum colour of the die cut flowers..so pretty, and the sparkly embossed centres, and then more sparkle on the kraft card die cut piece behind the flower and around the edge of the piece too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment