Mixed Media Journal Page with Natasha

Hi Crafty Friends!  It is Natasha here and I am EXCITED to be here with you today!  For today's project I wanted to share ways I use WOW Embossing Powders in my journal!  I have recently discovered journaling and I am having so much fun adding lots of color, stamping, and of course embossing powders to my journal!  So let's get started!  


I started with a blank page in my journal, with texture paste, a stencil, and WOW Embossing powders.  I placed the stencil over the top of the page and added paste in various sections.  I generally like to create 2 focal points, allowing for some "white" space on the page.  I applied the paste and then removed the stencil. Next I sprinkled Perissa Embossing Powder over the top of the wet paste.  I then heat set this using my WOW heat tool!  Next to add more color and dimension to my background I added Lindy's Gang Magicals to my journal page.  I apply these using water.  I then set my journal aside to dry and work on the other elements.  Once my journal page is dry, I did add some ledger ephemra to the page as well using a glue stick.  


I stamped an image from AALL and Create onto Fabriano Hot Press Paper.  I then heat set the image using WOW Embossing Powder in Clear Gloss.  I then colored the image using watercolors.  I allowed each layer to dry and once dry, trimmed the image with my scissors.  I then die cut some Hexagons using the Sizzix Stacked Tiles.  I added Archival ink to the edges for more texture.  

I added some metallic splatter to the background as well as some Starburst Sprays from Lindy's for more shine and texture.  


I then decided on placement for my hexagons and the light bulb stamp.  I glued down the hexagons with liquid glue and then added some back twine for more texture.  Next I glued my stamped image and added some pre-made sentiment strips.  I then added some white splatters, as well as gold to my whole journal page.  I had so much fun!  




Thank you for stopping by today! I had a lot of fun and I hope you enjoyed learning ways to add powders to your journal page!   I will be back soon with more mixed media inspiration!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 



Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. I love this page Natasha and the beautifully coloured flowers and light bulb and also great texture with the paste and embossing powder, and pretty colour in the background finished with a very apt sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment