Butterfly Mixed Media Tag

Hi Crafty friends!  It is Natasha here and I am super excited to be back on the WOW Embossing blog today!  For today's project I wanted to create a mixed media tag!  I love color and sparkle and had so much fun creating today's project, so let's get started!  


For today's tag I started with a gelli print from my stash!  I love using gelli prints for backgrounds!  I added texture and shine to my background using texture paste, embossing powder, and WOW fab Foil.  I started with a Tim Holtz stencil on my background.  I added texture paste with my palette knife over the top of the stencil.  I then removed the stencil and sprinkled Pinky Winky Embossing Powder (Lucky day Trio) over the texture paste.  I then used my heat tool to melt the powder.  I loved the added texture this gives to the powder and paste.  I also applied some WOW Embossing ink and Bonding Powder through various places on the stencil.  I then heat set the powder and added WOW Fab Foil over the top.  The shine is subtle and it is beautiful!  I added more texture and shine to my background by using a texture stamp from Tonic Studios, as well as Starburst Sprays from Lindy's.  I allowed my background to dry and once it was dry die cut this using a tag die from my stash.  I added 2 colors of twine to the top of the tag and set it aside to complete the rest of the elements for my tag!  


Next I started to work on my die cut elements.  I love this gorgeous butterfly die cut!  This sweet die cut was gifted to me by my dear friend Cindy Norberg!  She is a super talented crafty friend!  I added some embossing powders to the butterfly for more sparkle and shine!  On the butterfly I applied Blue Aventurine Embossing Powder (Pastel Gemstones Trio) using the WOW Embossing Mixed Media Brush.  I love the added texture the mixed media brush gave the powder and butterfly element.  I then die cut the wreath using card stock.  I die cut 3 wreath die cuts and then adhered them together using liquid glue.  I then added some distress oxides to the top and completed sections of the wreath with Blue Aventurine Embossing Powder (Pastel Gemstones Trio).  I heat set and set it aside.  I wanted to add a bit more texture to my butterfly and wreath.  I used some medical gauze and inked it up with Lindy's Gang Sprays.  I applied layers of color and once I was happy allowed it to dry.  I chose 2 sentiments from a Tim Holtz set and stamped them on the same gelli print background.  I heat embossed sections of the sentiment using WOW Embossing in Metallic Rich Gold Powder.  To complete my tag I adhered each element using liquid glue and foam adhesive!  




Thank you for stopping by today!  I will be back soon with some more mixed media inspiration!  I will be sharing a journal page next with you!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. This is a gorgeous tag with lots of wonderful shine from the embossing and foil Natasha..there is so much interest and beautiful colour. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment