Hi everyone!  I am super excited to be back today sharing another fun way to use powders to create a mixed media styled card!  So let's get started!  

I started with a gelli print background for the card panel of my card.  I love starting with backgrounds from my stash!  I fell in love with these colors and used the colors on the background for my inspiration. 
 

I started with a die cut from Altenew.  I die cut this in my die cutting machine and then heat embossed part of the die cut with Decadent Ruby powder.  When I apply embossing ink to die cuts I use a brayer to apply the ink.  Once heat set, I set this aside.  Next I stamped images on the background panel using Archival Ink.  I used stamps with a pattern, as well as text.
  

Once the background was stamped, I chose a stencil from my collection, Triangle Blast from Simon Says Stamp.  I applied Ranger texture paste in various triangles, then applied Mud Pie Embossing Powder from the Just Desserts collection.  I used my heat tool to melt the powder.  Be careful not to overheat the powder and paste, it will start to bubble!  
To add a bit more interest to my card, I applied some washi tape to a couple sections of the panel.  Then I used white paint, as well as gold to add splatters to the background!  I love the added dimension!  


Next I die cut a flower - Etched Flower buds.  I die cut this 2 times and glued them together.  Then I sprayed the flowers with some Lindy's Gang Sprays.  I used several colors.  

To complete the card I chose some Tim Holtz Ephemra from my stash.  Once I had determined the placement for my die cuts and ephemra I glued everything down using a combination of liquid glue and foam adhesive.  I added a pre-made sentiment and adhered this with foam tape.  



Thank you so much for joining me today!  Be sure to pop over to Instagram to check out my reel sharing an overview of how I created today's card!  
I will be back soon!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. This is a great mixed media card Natasha with lots of wonderful techniques. I love the embossed areas on the die cut flowers, and the embossing added to the texture paste stencilling which both look fabulous. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment