Heat Embossing Die Cuts

Hi Crafty friends!  It is Natasha here and I am excited to be back up on the WOW Embossing Powder blog today!  Today's card is all about die cuts and embossing them!  I had a lot of fun!  So let's get started!  


For today's card I started by die cutting my leaf and floral stems. These are the Wildflowers 2 Stems from Sizzix.  I die cut these on Neenah 80 lb card stock.  I then used Distress Oxides to do simple ink blending.  I used 2 shades of color for each one.  I used: Rusty Hinge, Tea Dye, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Seedless Preserves, and Villainous Potion.  I used blending brushes to apply the ink.  I then set these aside to allow the ink to dry.  



Next I started to work on my background.  I chose a Gelli Press background from my stash which coordinated with my colors.  I love having backgrounds to use for my cards!  It saves so much time.  I then used an embossing folder and a piece of Kraft card stock.  I dry embossed this panel and then trimmed it down to a thinner strip.  Next I used a piece of washi and adhered this vertically on my card panel.  Next I added some Lindy's Starburst Sprays onto my dry embossed panel.  I used the color Marigold Yellow Orange.  I applied the color to an acetate sheet and then tapped this onto my kraft panel.  I allowed this to dry.  Once dry, I glued the panel next to the washi strip.  


Next I started to work on heat embossing my die cuts.  I used 4 different powders.  I have them listed below!  I love the added texture this provides and of course the sparkle!  Next I glued down all the die cuts, using both foam tape and liquid adhesive.  

I added 2 pieces of Tim Holtz Ephemra with foam tape.  I then stamped a sentiment from a sentiment set from The Gray Muse.  To complete the card I adhered this to a yellow A2 card panel.  

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I can't wait to see how you emboss your die cuts!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments

  1. This is really beautiful Natasha and I love the piece of a gelli print with the washi behind the prettily embossed leaves and flowers with lots of wonderful sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment