Texture!!! Sparkle!!!! Mixed Media Style

Hi Crafty Friends!  It is Natasha and I am super happy to be here with you today!  I love to add texture and color with embossing powder - it is so much fun!  Today's card is all about these ideas!  So let's get started!


To begin I started with a piece of mixed media card stock.  I applied a coat of white gesso to the paper with a paintbrush and allowed this to dry.  Next I created my background using Lindy's Gang Magical Powders and shakers!  These are super fun and easy to use!  I started by taping down the paper to my glass board.  I then sprinkled powders down, spritzed with water and allowed the magic to happen!  I continued this process until I had the colors I was looking for! I also added a bit more color using Starburst Shimmer sprays.  Once I had the background created I allowed this to completely dry.   

Next I wanted to add some texture and dimension to the background.  I love adding texture with stencils, paste, and embossing powder.  I started with the WOW Scrunch background stamp.  I inked this up using the WOW embossing pad and applied it to several sections of my background.  I then applied Pumpkin Latte embossing powder.  I heat set this using my WOW heat tool.  Next I took out my texture paste and added distress ink to my glass mat.  I wanted to create a brown texture paste.  I also added some WOW Earth Sparkles to the paste in the color Flounder.  I chose a stencil from my stash and used the paste and stencil on 2 sections of my card.  I then allowed the background to dry.  Once dry I die cut the background using a rectangle die.  


Next I started to work on my butterflies.  I used a set from Gina K and used the coordinating stencil.  I applied several colors of dye ink and then heat embossed the top layer 2 times using Karin's Dream powder.  I then die cut the butterflies using coordinating dies.  I chose a pre-stamped sentiment and die cut this.  Next I die cut 2 hearts and used double sided tape as I wanted to apply the WOW earth sparkles to the hearts in the color Flounder.  

To complete my card I adhered the sentiment, as well as butterflies and hearts using both foam tape and liquid adhesive.  



Thank you so much for stopping by!  I had a lot of fun!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 
Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Comments