Ink Blending with Embossing Powder


Hi Crafty friends!  It is Natasha here and I am super excited to be back with you today sharing a few tips on creating an ink blended background using your stencils and then adding some extra sparkle for added shine and dimension!  I hope you enjoy it - so let's get started!  


I started today's card with a 4 layer Bokeh stencil from my stash!  I love stencils and using them to add details to my cards.  I love this Bokeh stencil and the layers this set provides.  I used all 4 layers for my card.  I started with the largest circle layer.  I taped my paper down and used my Make Art station to adhere the stencil to the paper with the added magnets.  I started with the largest stencil layer and worked to the smallest.  On the first 3 layers I used Distress Oxide Inks in: Chipped Sapphire, Prize Ribbon, and Salvage Patina.  


Once my ink blending was complete I allowed the oxides to dry for a few minutes.  I then placed the last layer of the circle stencil on the top. I prepped my card base with my powder tool and was ready to emboss!  This is truly my favorite part!  I love adding the powders and seeing them melt!  It is truly magical!  

Next I ink blended using my WOW Embossing ink pad with a blending brush through the smallest circle stencil.  I added my WOW Embossing Powder in Sorrento to the panel. I used my WOW heat tool to melt the powder.  I completed this process twice to ensure a nice even coating of embossing powder!  


To complete my card I die cut the word (hi) using alphabet dies.  I die cut each letter 3x and then adhered them together using liquid glue.  I trimmed my circle background using a rectangle die and also trimmed a piece of coordinating blue card stock.  Finally I adhered my panels to an A2 card base, as well as the sentiment to the front of my card.  

I had a lot of fun today!  It was fun to see my simple ink blended background change with the added sparkle and dimension using embossing powder!  

I encourage you to apply powders using your stencils!  I can't wait to see!  
I will be back soon!  

Crafty Hugs,
Natasha 


Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/





Comments

  1. What a fabulous bokeh look Natasha and I love the smaller circles with the sparkly embossing and the added white layered sentiment, also tbe layering onto blue to finish this beautiful look. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment