Mixed Media with Sparkles

Hi Crafty friends!  It is Natasha and I am super excited to be back on the WOW blog today!  For today's post I am sharing a mixed media style card using both embossing powders and the Sparkle powders as well!  I had a lot of fun and I am excited to share my card with you!  So let's get started!  


I started by creating my colorful background on mixed media paper.  I have had this paper in my stash for awhile, but don't use it too often as it is lighter weight!  It worked perfectly for today's card.  I started with a mix of sprays from Dina Wakley.  I placed my card stock into my splat box and used different color sprays on my paper.  These are acrylic spays and they dry quickly.  


Once my background was dry I wanted to add some more texture to the background using 2 stencils from WOW.  I used both the Lots a Bubbles and Lots a Dots Stencils.  I placed these one at a time onto my colorful background and used a sponge dauber to add white acrylic paint through the stencil.  I repeated the same process for both stencils.  I love the added texture and dimension this gave to the background with just a stencil and some paint.  Next I added some mixed media style stamps to my background using Versafine Clair Nocturne Ink.  I stamped a few images and then set this aside to dry.  


While my background was drying I started to work on embossing a white panel for my die cut letters (Hello).  I placed the white paper onto my ink pad and pressed the paper onto the pad to allow for even coverage.  I then heat embossed the panel using Decadent Ruby Powder.  Next I die cut the word hello on my embossed panel.  I set these aside.  I wanted to add a bit more sparkle to today's card and used WOW Sparkles in Gold Dust.  To add the sparkle to my card I stamped an image onto the background using my WOW embossing ink pad.  I then sprinkled bonding powder onto the image and heat set.  This creates a "sticky" image which will then hold your sparkles.  Once I sprinkled the Gold Dust onto the image, I did heat set one more time to ensure the sparkles were on my panel.  


To finish my card I added a die cut element using black card stock, as well as a friend die cut.  I had so much fun with today's card!  

I love watching the powders melt and the sparkle in the Gold Dust just adds such a fun element to today's card!  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I have linked all the WOW products I have used below!  

Crafty Hugs, 
Natasha 

Connect With Us:
Info Site: www.wowembossingpowder.com
 
bloggr.png  facebook.png  instagram.png   youtube.png  pinterest.png

Website-Icon-UK-Webshop.gif
Website-Icon-EU-Trade-Webshop_1.gifWebsite-Icon-USA-Trade-Webshop_1.gif

Website-Icon-USA-Webshop.gif
Powder Arts Thermography Warehouse LTD, Caslon House, Lyon Way, St Albans, AL4 0LB
UK https://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/






Comments

  1. What a fabulous card Natasha, so bright and sparkly and I love the Gold Dust. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment